Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 04:56 AM   #1
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well this is a little post of respect to thoose brave persons who post about their life experiences and things they are going through and have gone through.
Sazerac and Moni for example. I know there are alot of others too.
I only wnated to tell you all that I respect youn and think that you are all very brave, and I also want to wish you the best.

In sharing what you are going through you lend strength and knowledge to others that they are not alone and that there are persons that understand what they are going through.

So, well .. You are all truly great!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-08-2001, 05:19 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

yeah i echo what wolfgir has said. i have had my share of problems in the past but i have dealt with them with help from friends. and you should always remember that you can too. Always feel free to post anything your feeling on this board becos some ppl can help you with it.
dont worry be happy

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-08-2001, 06:40 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

I just wanna ask, seeing as there are now 2 wolves here and you've just been in the same thread....

Are you gonna fight, or sniff each other's butts??
LOL! (no offence intended!)

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-08-2001, 06:54 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

it was quite a coincedence actaully yesterday wolfgir was offering to make sigs for people and i wanted one and i just happened to have the name azurewolf. so the answer for now is no we are playing friendly

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-08-2001, 07:15 AM   #5
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I just wanna ask, seeing as there are now 2 wolves here and you've just been in the same thread....

Are you gonna fight, or sniff each other's butts??
LOL! (no offence intended!)

Well since we are educated wolves that speaks and writes.. We skipped the buttnoosing buisness

Well, if a female wolf trotts along...(I leave it to you, I was thinking about the fight, but you can interpretate that as you wish )

------------------

Old 05-08-2001, 07:19 AM   #6
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

hehe now that would be a fight to see. hmmmmm then ud gotta find out who is the alpha male of the pack..lol

------------------

Old 05-08-2001, 10:41 AM   #7
WOLFGIR

Yup, but thats not what this thread is about!!!

------------------

Old 05-08-2001, 11:04 AM   #8
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

True, this thread is about showing respect to those who are brave enough to share stories from the dark places of their lives, and I think they are the Superheros of today.

Henry
Old 05-08-2001, 11:04 AM   #9
Moni

WOLFGIR,
Thank you so very much for posting this thread, you made me blush!
I credit Ertai_OHF and Sazerac for giving me the courage to post what I did about my life...I believe that if we can help another human being along in life, we should not let the oppurtunity slip away, lest we may regret it.

My life now is (really) great, the only "bad" things I carry with me as a result of that wreck are; a rib cage that is slightly shorter on the right side due to one rib behind my breast that broke repeatedly during the healing process and eventually just settled behind another, a right lung that remains collapsed most of the time (in the lower portion only...sometimes it "pops" open temporarily and I get an oxygen high LOL), one damaged kidney that is not so bad that I need dialysis, I just don't drink heavily laden caffeine or sugary drinks, a stomach that is sensitive to chemical laden foods, and a neck that is slightly bent and feels weird if I focus on it and let it.
None of the above are really bad things, although I will admit that I had never felt better in my life just prior to the wreck when I was in the best shape physically I had been in all my life, but they do serve a purpose in my paying attention to what I eat which guarentees I maintain a healthy diet and also to how I carry myself...standing up straight feels good and looks good.

On the other hand, I carry more good things around with me as a result...the knowledge that I am loved by God, a love for life, a love for humanity and a love for the world I live in...the most important things, really, that prior to the wreck were basically non-existent in my consciousness.

I am a happy girl lol and if I can pass that happiness along to others or help them to get through a tough time, or to lend strength and knowledge as you stated, then it is all worth it and I am glad I can be here to do so.

Thank you again, my friend!
Love, Hugs & Peace,
(& A special Scritch for you!)
Moni

Old 05-08-2001, 01:03 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

And...I am sans 1 gallbladder (which I miss about as much as I miss my tonsils, which is NOT!) ... so I reckon I came out pretty well in the long run as well, Moni. The only thing I have to do is watch it on the greasy or spicy stuff, and Mylanta and Pepcid AC have become my friends, LOL!

But thanks once again, to everyone who have given us support and encouragement. There are some truly special, unique people here. It's a testament to this board, for I don't think I would have ever posted something like that in an online forum if I didn't trust the participants enough.

What a place this is!