Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2001, 01:01 PM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

While on my forced two-week vacation:
1)I started an herb garden on my patio,
2)Read several books including the Riddle-Master trilogy, which I have mentioned several times on the book forum here.
3)Added to my DVD collection. (one of my new ones is The Mummy The Ultimate version, with a bunch of cool stuff about the new flick The Mummy Returns. Looking forward to it)
4)Started a new fan-fic of Perin LightEyes, my BGII character, who is a reincarnation of my old PnP character. Where should I post this? Should I? I'll only do so if people will critique it, since I've finallly decided to settle down and get that damn novel finished and published.
5)Read On Writing by Stephen King, and decided he is right. It's been over ten years since I've had anything published, and I already have a novela finished, and a novel in the works. No one has seen the novela, or the beginning of the novel, and I've decided I need to get serious about them.
6)Been seriously missing everyone here....

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 04-28-2001, 01:05 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi, again, Rudy:

You write? Well, until the old threads got "temporarily misplaced" Lady Rae had one for posting stories. You could just start a new thread and post it. People do that all the time here. I think everyone would enjoy reading it, and they will respond. Everybody supports everybody here! I would just go ahead and post it; don't know when they'll find the "misplaced threads." Let me know when Mem gets your pic on Stealthy's.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death O_H_F
Lady in Waiting (found what I was waiting for)
Official Party Planner and Events Coordinator of the Moon's Hope Inn
Proud Member of the Ladies Guild
GMDLM

Old 04-28-2001, 01:13 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Heyy, Rudedog!!! Howzit going?

I'm glad to see you weathered the "exile" well! I think it was rough on all of us. I've been busy as all get-out as well, but am glad to be back here. I've been doing a lot of fantasy-related reading as well. Maybe I need to check out the "Books" forum. I could probably get some ideas for more reading material there.

I've also been doing a lot of writing in my spare time.

It's good to see everyone back!

Old 04-28-2001, 01:18 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You can either post it here at GD or on the BG2 forum (if it's about how Perin got through Shadows of Amn).

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 01:31 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

RudeDawg - You should share some of your writings with us. A few months back I created a "chain story" thread wherein I started a fictional character and put him in a fantasy world, and then people would add to his adventures bit by bit. Was quite entertaining watching how different people turned the story in different directions. I could start another one if you would like to participate?

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 01:45 PM   #6
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
RudeDawg - You should share some of your writings with us. A few months back I created a "chain story" thread wherein I started a fictional character and put him in a fantasy world, and then people would add to his adventures bit by bit. Was quite entertaining watching how different people turned the story in different directions. I could start another one if you would like to participate?

That sounds great! Count me in...

I'm writing as much as I can, again... I'm gonna finish this novel, and have it published... oh yes, I will...

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes