Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 03:59 AM   #71
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah, i was thining about that.. I have made up the Flask of Behemoth Blood, which enables you to shapechange into a Behemoth for a period of time...Like that???

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-22-2001, 05:21 AM   #72
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

5 to 10 turns would be the max id have to think. if you made it much longer than that it would unbalance the game. you could make it like a medallion fo the behemoth and make it a 1 2 or 3 times per day thing.
Old 05-22-2001, 05:25 AM   #73
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah of course! I mean, it wouldn't be fun to be super-powerful behemoth all the time, cos u would whipe out fierce enemies in no time. It should have a limit (just like ring of animal control for instance)

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-22-2001, 06:08 AM   #74
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Nice ideas.

So what kind of villain are you going to have, is it some big guy with lots of resources who controls mighty armies, or a group of smaller ones working together to the same goal. Or a set of small groups both working against each other as they all have different goals were the hero can choose which causes he wants to aid which he does not.

And what are the humans going to be like. Or is the hero the only human on the planet.
Old 05-22-2001, 06:16 AM   #75
Link
Jack Burton

OK. The ultimate villain is a super-duper demon, known only as the Upholder. He must defeat the Chosen One (being you) to be able to come to Earth. Humans will be same as... humans.. Dunno what you mean by what humans will be. You can choose which race you want to be..
Another thing i don't know is whether or not you can be the evil character.. Have to figure it out..

------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 07:10 AM   #76
Bleys
Dungeon Master

What I mean by humans is what kind of influence do they have on the world, are relatively easy going get on well with the other races, or do they like only some races, or not like any of them. Also do they believe more in good and evil, or law and chaos. Are the humans spread thought the world or limited to only a few small parts. Also what kind of culture do they have and how advanced are they. Do the humans like magic. The humans on the world would play a big part in how the other races saw the hero, and what they initially think of the hero.

[This message has been edited by Bleys (edited 05-22-2001).]
Old 05-22-2001, 08:05 AM   #77
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

As Ive said before Link, there are major problems with a human coming from our Earth and being teleported to an Alternate Earth. First off humans are the only truly intelligent species on this planet. Now you have to figure out if these humans are going to change race how will they do it??? after they witness a cut scene is there a table or something with artifacts that symbolise different races?? if the hero take up a bow will he become an Elf??? and if he picks up a hammer will he become a dwarf??? or a sling to become a halfling?? this is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed.

Good point by Bleys on the human issue. how are they responded to by other races??? Elves dont really like anybody but they tolerate humans drarves and halflings more than they do other races. if all the other races hate eachother and are basicly at open war with one another it could open up space for the hero to unify them under his rule. he could do it without them having the hatred.

But back to Bleys question. I think if most of the races hate humans or ar marginally tolerant (with a large degree of suspicion) the Hero would be able to earn their trust and respect. with a few exceptions. i still think having traitors in the ranks is a good idea. you might impress 99% of a city but its the 1% that will stab you in the back theory, if you know what i mean. Traitors keep you on your toes because you never know where the next attack will come from.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 08:06 AM   #78
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

ooops i cant believe it actually posted that cuz the computer im connected to on our network locked up so i thought it didnt go through.

SOWWYYYY!!!!!!!!

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 09:47 AM   #79
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Just a thought, if you come from another world what about language?
I think the chances of the new world speaking the same language as us is quite slim.
Old 05-22-2001, 11:01 AM   #80
Link
Jack Burton

OK! A lot of questions here, and i can't answer them just right now. Have to figure things out first. I do have a question for Earthdog, and Bleys:

Earthdog: If you could only chose out of a human character, wouldn't that be less fun?? Just a thought? I mean, it would take away the option to choose which race you like best.
Bleys: Just wondering; how are things dealt with at BG2? They seem to speak English just fine, and it's a fantasy world, and still they speak English. I'd like to know the story behind that, cos it might give me ideas about my own game (to solve that)

Thanks everyone. You give me plenty of thinking work to do!!!

------------------