Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2000, 01:59 AM   #1
carey

I'm having a bit of trouble with the shade lich, which I believe is the first one to face. Can anyone post a strategy that might work? I've tried hasting my party w/ immunity to fear and defensive harmony, meanwhile casting breach and dispell magic w/ my mages and I just can't get the bugger killed.

My three fighters have pretty good weapons and armor (2 handed: equalizer and blade of roses, warblade, carssomyr (sp?)) with (gorgon plate, red dragon plate, and whatever keldorn should be wearing) respectively.

Any ideas? I'm already past chapter five and I'm trying to get some sidequests done.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-22-2000, 03:35 AM   #2
carey

Actually, I just finally beat him, by putting one hasted fighter in the room w/ a cloak of mirroring and chaotic commands, releasing him, and then running away from him until his shield wears off and then i just pounded him to death.

He's not very offensive, although when he casts time stop anything other than what I have written may not survive.

Any hints on the rest of the shades?

Old 11-22-2000, 04:14 AM   #3
Steele

******(SPOILER)*********I'm not sure which lich you have done first, but one of the others is just like the one you faced, and the same strategy should work. The final lich, in the docks district, is another matter. This is Kangaxx, and he's very hard. You first kill a normal lich, which then turns into Kangaxxx the demi-lich. He can only be hit by +5 weapons (it may be +4). Against him, you will want to go into the battle with at least one protection from magic scroll. Use this on whoever is wielding carsomyr. Also, Kangaxx as demi-lich likes to cast imprisonment spells. To counteract this, only send in your paladin against him. Pull your other characters to the back of the room by the door. Then, summon monsters. He will imprison them while you wail away on him. I would also suggest using a haste spell on your party before the battle. Good luck.

Old 11-22-2000, 04:24 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

try the scroll of protection of undead, works wonders against them since they cant see you but you can see them... warning however when you fight the demi-lich... i suggest protecting all of your men after he transform into the skullhead not before fighting the ordinary lich because then he just wont die (must be a bug or something) GL
Old 11-22-2000, 04:28 AM   #5
Steele

That's right, I used one of those scrolls too. Definitely helps.