Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2000, 09:11 AM   #1
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

Anybody had a wierd moment you game in baldurs... i just wanna listen to what you fellow bg fans experience throughout the game. pls reply since it will only take a few minutes to answer.

My wierdest moment was when my charcters was just standing in the temple district. it might not seem odd when it was raining cats and dogs that time. but what was surprising was when one of my characters was struck by lightning for no good reason. imagine she had a shock of her life that time and took out ard 25 hitpts (and there was no enemy that time) aint that wierd? whats yours =)
Old 11-15-2000, 09:18 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Really? Never heard of that happening. Maybe you offended Talos or something.

My weirdest moment was when I was doing the Buried Man quest (a very low level quest) and in chasing the man in red i ran into the wrong building (the Twisted Rune building that can only be entered by use of a Rogue Stone). Expecting to face a couple of cheap toughs, I was confronted by a lich, a high level mage (both of who could cast Time Stop and Gate), an elder orb beholder, a vampire, and an assassin. Before I could say "what the f**k" the lich gated in this pit fiend, the mage cast Cloudkill or something, the beholder panicked my group, the vampire cast Domination, the assassin backstabbed and I was history after that.
Old 11-15-2000, 09:42 AM   #3
Tara

I think one of the weirder momemts in the game is that stupid theif that flashes in and says something stupid about not being captured just as you are entering the docks- then he flashes in again one time just as I am leaving the temple in waulkeen's promenade and gives me gold? Never did figure that little oddity out- though I'm sure there's something your supposed to do, I just paused next time I saw him and trounced him. Very weird!

Also that guy that follows you like a puppy after you do trademeet- lol. I finally cast maze on him to get rid of him- lmao!

Old 11-15-2000, 11:35 AM   #4
Ragnar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Were you outside while it was raining? You were probably hit by lightning. Armor and electrical currents don't mix. I have been hit once in this game and BG1. It deals out a lot of damage but you got to appreciate the amount of detail they put in the game.
Old 11-15-2000, 02:00 PM   #5
Suul-Yinn

Tara, Neeber was also in BG1 and was just as irratating. However, if you keep talking to him he eventually shuts up and you are rewarded for your patience. Wierdest moment for me was the Mushroom Men in the sewers behind the Copper Coronet. I kept trying to save the Minotaur thinking I would be rewarded, until I realized it was not possible. What the hell are they doing there???

Old 11-15-2000, 02:51 PM   #6
Ribs

There were a couple of times that I'd enter a building with just a couple of characters to clean up the place, and on the way out, I'd get the infamous "You must gather your party..." speech. Of course, the rest of my party was already outside, so I had to march them in and take everyone out at once. I always thought that was kind of strange.

Old 11-15-2000, 03:02 PM   #7
thegreatkraken

Not exactly wierd, but Annomen has the most impecable timing:
The scene: Firkaag lies dead, Aerie's corps lies mangled on the ground, every else is almost dead...
Annomen speaks "Why do we have to engage in these trivial battles? When I was with the Order we..."

Good timing, eh?

Old 11-15-2000, 04:18 PM   #8
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

just for the record, it's Noober who irritates you in Nashkel. Neeber must be his long lost twin. Why waste magic on him when a good punch in the face keeps him runnung the rest of the game?

And nothing as strange as any of what you experienced has happened to me...
Old 11-15-2000, 04:51 PM   #9
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Mine is I was fighting vampires and I didn't do anything. Suddenly they all blew up and I also blew up. Also I was walking by a Shadow Dragpm and he just died. Strange.
Old 11-15-2000, 05:21 PM   #10
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

And what's with the guy in the Inn at Trademeet who just turns into a pillar of flame because you're a child of Bhaal?? I want more information on that little episode!