Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 07:12 PM   #1
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just curious as to how many other couples play together. My husband and I watch each other and give advice here and there, learn from each other's successes and failures. It makes our game soooo much better and gives us a reason to spend time together (not that we NEED the game to do that, but it certainly beats arguing over it!) Would love to hear from others who do this...or are we anomolies?
Old 11-13-2000, 07:24 PM   #2
Armisael

Very much an anomaly. The sad fact is, for every twenty guys who are interested in gaming, there's about half a woman. Your husband's bloody lucky. : P

Old 11-13-2000, 09:35 PM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Being an old fogie myself, I know of two other couples who play together.
Old 11-13-2000, 09:46 PM   #4
Armisael

*cough*

Old 11-13-2000, 10:49 PM   #5
Tara

My husband and I play together- and argue over who's turn it is, lol. We are both hooked so it's the only way! It's been alot of fun- swaping ideas, and things learned makes it more interesting, just like in this great forum.

Old 11-13-2000, 11:00 PM   #6
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

excellent, glad to hear we're not the only ones. it definitely enhances the playing experience!
Old 11-14-2000, 12:57 AM   #7
Teeka

My husband and I take playing together a step further we have a mini network at home and play together that way it is alot of fun.

Old 11-14-2000, 08:29 AM   #8
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

My husband doesn't play this but sits next to me on HIS computer and loves to listen to it. His comment is that it's like a good radio play. My kids and I all (3 of the 4, all teens) play it together, discuss strategies and characters. I'm on my 5th time through it ... and am enjoying my latest character combination very much. I'm getting a lot of interaction from the NPCs in my party this time.

I suspect the proportion of females who play RPGs is much larger than the industry thinks. And it's growing. I've gotten some of my female friends playing them now. I SO appreciate the creators of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, and Icewind Dale for making female characters who are equal in ability to males, NOT buxom brain-less twits!! It's a wonderfully intelligent game, with much depth. My family loves it! I can't wait for their next creation!!!!
Old 11-14-2000, 09:33 AM   #9
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

(ooc)
My Girlfriend doesn't play but much like Bilqis above she sits next to me on her computer. Ahh relationships in the year 2000! Side by side with their own computers - should be able to make a half decent cartoon out of that. It's cool though - she doesn't game, she's a graphics designer so she just does her own thing and its really nice to have someone else there. Bonus that she's capable of going 8 hrs straight on a graphic like I am with gaming! Kim (gf) likes the BG sounds / music a lot and by the end we were both shouting merrily along with Minsc as he butt kicked for goodness (ok so it doesn't go along with Asphyxiate's rep, but its fun).

Any others out there?
Old 11-14-2000, 09:49 AM   #10
Velmanatov

The future Mrs. Velmanatov and I spend far _too much_ time playing games together. We both get impatient watching each other re-arrange our inventories, etc. I am particularly impatient - but thankfully am called upon to dish out most of the carnage. In fact I always have a second game of my own running at the same time. This does mean that I have the advantage of having played it through once, and therefore get more experience - but it takes twice as long! Roll on the day when we can afford a second PC and play multiplayer - but then who gets which characters?