Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

..to start playing again!

I bought NWN over Christmas but it's really not very good. I don't know what the big deal is with it. Anyway, I thought I'd throw a party of 3 together again, as I used to do and have some fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I still come back every few months. I remember, I got it for Christmas, and I played it until 7:00 Boxing Day. There was a sale I wanted to go to, and I didn't think I would be able to wake myself up.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #3
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I did the same thing, I have run 3 characters through the neverwinter games almost to the end but haven't finnished any of them. Right next to the NWN shortcut is the Wiz8 one and it is beconning like an old friend. Matbe a Ranger, Lord, thief.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #4
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I am thinking of giving Arcanum a go again. This was the most open ended RPG I have ever played, with the option of turn base play and the variety of characters you can make and develope are endless, I do think it was sided on the magic build more than tech, but I had a great dwarf tech guy. I really enjoyed that almost as much as wizardry8. The only thing is it is a very big game, you probably will never hit all the quest. For that reason I would reccomend the hint book which comes with the collectors edition.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #5
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Nightwing

Spooky, just started playing Arcanum again after a break of 5 years. Yes, not as good as Wiz8 but a nice game all the same.

I agree that magic (and melee) rules and have one of each character. Have you downloaded the Car Arcanum mod at all? Think the mod makes it a little easier to play.

Variol

As for a threesome I'm currently running a Faerie Ninja, Hobbit Bard and Gnome Bishop using Lana's latest mod. Not bad but don't think it's the optimum threesome though.

Also, I couldn't get into NWN either and so it's gathering dust on my shelf.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #6
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I'll have too check that mod out. For lana's mod ninjas are great because of all the returning thrown items, thieves are even better.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:57 PM   #7
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I went back to the original game (patched).

Started with a faerie ninja and hobbit bard. Never got out of lower Monastery. Then I remembered the trick. When starting with a weak party you have to run alot. I may come back to that game when I feel more patient.

Currently playing: "Psionic and co."
Felpur samurai
Hobbit bard
Human psionic
Rawulf lord

Never have taken a psi to the end. At lev 11 he is being useful.

Never tried Arcanum. Is it that hard?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #8
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Arcanum is very easy in fact, it is just a huge world and you can go anywhere you want at anytime. You can make a tech giant where you can build your own robot arachnid as a helper and shoot tech bows or even pistols. Or you can go the magic route or somewhere in between. It is easier if you do magic and melee but a tech thief is pretty fun. It is well worth the $15-$20 bucks.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:34 PM   #9
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

QTF. I loved it, though running out of bullets in the boss battle and using a kitchen knife kinda... blows.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #10
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Hmm, Arcanum huh? I do have it and I never got very far with it. I think the big turn off for me was finding all this stuff and not having a clue what to do with it or how to put it together. I think I'd a lot o' cheatin' at the beginning.

Maybe this should be a different thread but I've often wondered if people could be defined to some extent by the games they play? I find the people here and back when I was active on the Wizards & warriors site to be the nicest people. I've been to others, even here at Ironworks and some people were down-right nasty.

So, I guess I'm sayin' thanks!

[ 02-20-2006, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]