Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Wizardry 8 Forum

Old 11-24-2001, 11:08 AM   #21
Dajjer
The Magister

Terrain is important in this game when it comes to fighting. especially when you're out doors. Try luring your monsters into one of the mountain crevices where no more than two of them can hit you in melee. I took on a gang of about 30 monsters that way and ended up with 18,000 in experience points in the early game. As a bonus to using the crevices, I have found a lot of stuff for the taking.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 12:21 PM   #22
analander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do not change classes, period. Plan a basic/elite mixed party (Fig-Mon-Ran-Bar-Pri-Mag would be a good build, using Knock Knock) and stick with them. The game is designed to balance out previous installments where you could make uber characters by switching classes. When you change here your experience and total level stay the same, so for example a level 20 priest changing to a bishop will essentially need the same amount of experience needed to go from 20-21 to become a level 2 bishop.

- John
http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/
analander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 05:35 PM   #23
Shadazar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Get a Rogue or Bard in your party and pickpocket and shoplift as much as possible! It will save you money. Expect to be able to easily shoplift items worth 100 times your skill. Only shoplift 1 to 3 items at a time and save often. Getting caught will bring some company you don't want. Also be aware that selling magical items and high priced items back to the same shop keeper will get them angry (hey they know its their stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and summon the guards. Again always save before attempting to pickpocket or shoplift an important NPC as you can screw up your faction with them if you get caught.
Shadazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 07:53 PM   #24
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

alright, when you pickpocket and it says that there's no more items on the target, just ignore it and continue pickpocketing, you'll see that there's much more stuff to get. I always pickpocket until it says there's no more items for 5 straight times. Just my 2 cents
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 03:31 AM   #25
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Another note on "green" creatures.Creatures that are friendly to the party if close enough when a positive enchantment is cast gain it as well.This actually can be quite exploitable.I realized this around the huge tree,the hunters don't move.Get behind them,your back is covered by the tree and rest.As soon as you are attacked cast bless,enchant blade,and whatever else you have(that's all I have now but armorplate ect.)and they all get it as well.Now you have an extra 3 or 4 guys with you all powered up.It's clobberin time.Rinse lather repeat.Power-ups to the people.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 04:08 PM   #26
MagiK

Look out for the Ants [img]smile.gif[/img] Boy was I surprised when they surrounded me even though I had my back to a mountain crevice...the bugs can climb walls [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2001, 04:33 PM   #27
vesselle
Hathor

~~character creation~~

did you spend umpteen bazillion hours making your party? only to get in the game and slap yourself silly, wondering what the heck was i thinking when i gave my rawulf that flaky swedish accent??

well here ya go.

go into your main inventory screen, and left click your character's name (below their portrait). it highlights in green and then opens your character creation window! now you can change the voice, their name or nickname, picture, etc.

perfect for ninnies like me who give 3 people the same voice! LOL!

V***V

ps: i'm not calling you a ninny! ::shakes her head, smiling:: unh uh. no way!!
Old 11-26-2001, 07:54 PM   #28
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by analander:
Do not change classes, period. Plan a basic/elite mixed party (Fig-Mon-Ran-Bar-Pri-Mag would be a good build, using Knock Knock) and stick with them. The game is designed to balance out previous installments where you could make uber characters by switching classes. When you change here your experience and total level stay the same, so for example a level 20 priest changing to a bishop will essentially need the same amount of experience needed to go from 20-21 to become a level 2 bishop.

- John
http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/

Remember, the character you change classes with is keeping all their old knowledge and abilities while learning new ones...it ain't so bad!
Old 11-26-2001, 09:27 PM   #29
Dajjer
The Magister

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vesselle:
[QB]~~character creation~~

did you spend umpteen bazillion hours making your party? only to get in the game and slap yourself silly, wondering what the heck was i thinking when i gave my rawulf that flaky swedish accent??

LOL
I gave my human priest a gruff German accent and it sounded horrible. I realized it before I advanced one level and went back to character creation.

I accidently got into that creation screen one time and thought it was a bug. Good to hear it is there on purpose. I'm thinking of upgrading some of my character names
Old 11-26-2001, 09:40 PM   #30
Dajjer
The Magister

SWEET SPOT:

Alot of CRPG'S have a place in the game where it's easy to get a whole bunch of experience points. I think I found that spot in Wiz 8.

Just past the swamps is a T'rng base, deserted camp site and I believe a mine. At the beginning of this place are some Savant guards. But the place is also filed with wasp and bloodsuckers. You can find a nice little cubby in the abandoned tent and take on all comers one or two at a time. Each battle is giving me between 15 - 22 thousand exp points and that is with 8 characters. My people have went up two levels (12 and 13) in this place. Not to mention all the practice they got with all their various skills.

The only bad thing is that since all the battles are with insects you're not going to be getting much gold.