Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Re: Icewind Dale problem

How do I use CCleaner? I have the program on my computer, but I haven't a clue how it works or how to use it -- I was looking at the main screen for the program, but don't have the first inclination of what to do? Any help? Thanks!
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
Gavindale
The Magister

Ok, I played with the CCleaner program, and tried to uninstall Icewind Dale that way, seeing as how I am not able to uninstall the game via the Uninstall feature in program list. I went to CCleaner, but I get the same message that the file is either invalid or the data is corrupt. That's the same message as before. Like I said before, I can't uninstall via the Start menu, and I can't just install again - overwriting the files in an attempt to just copy over the faulty installation. No luck. Any help out there? Thanks!
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #13
Shadow Stranger

It is like nothing I have heard of. Does your antivirus show the file to be corrupt?
You could try another program like EasyCleaner by Toni Arts.
You could go into Windows Explorer and delete the unwanted files. Then you could partition your hard drive and install into a new part of the drive.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:52 AM   #14
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Read post#8 again. When files won't delete with the Add/Remove Programs function, then you may need to use third-party uninstallers.

Note I said that you may need to manually remove the files (backup your saves). This is done by actually locating where on the HDD IWD is installed, then highlighting, then r-clicking, then selecting Delete.

Note the above procedure does NOT remove the Registry entries. Follow post#8 for clearing the Registry of the orphaned IWD files.

Now you can try to reload IWD. Re-introduce your Saves and reload any Mods.

Good Luck.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote