Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2003, 10:38 AM   #21
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Letter

Mouth noises actually make me see red. Chewing with your mouth open, smacking gum, etc. I think its the most arrogant, digusting, outragous, enraging thing to me. Im not sure where I picked up this peeve, but man it is bad. It can set me in a bad mood for hours if I am around this and cant leave. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
I have actually thought of counseling to help me deal with it.
Wierd huh?
Old 03-21-2003, 11:04 AM   #22
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Get me mad? The usual suspects of child abuse, racism, sexism, and so on. My preferred sentence for the DC snipers would be to lock them in a room for an hour with the friends and family of those they murdered. No police, no cameras, no record of whatever happens. After the hour's up, whatever is left can go rot in jail (or decompose in a pine box, if that's appropriate).

Get me irritated? Well, that list is longer...

People who get upset about things they can't control or improve. I've seen people argue with airline folks about sending a plane into the air, insisting it happen. People, if the airline doesn't want to fly it right now, there's usually something wrong with the airplane, the people flying it, or where it's going. Your desire to get there won't help any, and it may hurt... a lot!

People who fall for any scam or urban legend. My mom, bless her soul, is as gullible as a long August day. You name it, she's fallen for it. Recycling pop tabs so someone can get dialysis, email tracking programs, the hoax virus warning, the waving plant, the big chihuahua from Mexico... she's fallen for them all. Fortunately, she doesn't fall for the financial scams.

People who can't read. Speed limit signs, specifically. If it says 50, please do something remotely near 50. 25 just doesn't cut it...

Celebrities who have the answers to the world's problems. I don't mind opinions, but stop pretending you know everything about an issue. If you've studied it, that's one thing; if not, don't be surprised when someone calls you on your position, intellectually belittles you, and calls you a bad example of genetic planning. If you can't defend your position, put a cork in it.

People who think they're so much better than everyone else, just because. I mean, some people think that theirs doesn't stink and that they have all the answers to what's wrong in the world.

Oh, waitaminnit. I might be in that last group... okay, everyone gets one chance to mess up before they get labelled and sent off to the colony in Antarctica.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:34 AM   #23
Stratos
Vampire

Heh...Some harsh words here. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #24
LennonCook
Jack Burton

- Politics
-

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
People who say 'are you a dog person or a cat person? You can't possibly be both!'
People who misuse the words 'literally' and 'ironic', and the phrase 'to beg the question'.
The term 'science fact' as a antonym of science fiction.
People who complain about revenue raising when they get a speeding ticket.
Incorrect use of apostrophes.
People who claim to hate a particular species of animal because of a few idiosyncratic experiences, or no experiences just reliance on stereotypes.
Calls to lessen/remove parking and speed fines because poor people can't afford them.
People who don't return library books on time.
Ignorance, fear and discrimation of people with mental illnesses.
People who, when you tell them you've bought a particular car/appliance/breed of animal/style of show, feel the need to explain why they don't like it and think something else would be better.
- Ppl hoo tork like this orl tha tim

- People who can`t admit their weaknesses.

- People who live off government welfare benifits when they are perfectly capable of working. IMO, they are actually stealing money from taxpayers, and people who have legitamate welfare.

- People who don`t listen to their teachers/lecturers and then wonder why they fail the course.

- People who let someone off one type of crime because they`re a minor, but would give that same person an 'adult' punishment for another crime.

- Racism, Sexism, etc.

- Homework
Old 03-21-2003, 03:37 PM   #25
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Oooh! One more: People who think it's someone else's fault when their life doesn't work out. Your "people who ignore the teacher and text and are amazed when they fail the course" comment (loosely paraphrased) made me think of it.

It's your life. If you don't like what's happening in it, change it. You owe more to yourself and your chosen family (spouse, kids) than you do to others and your natural family (parents, sibs, etc.). Nobody can make you miserable without your permission.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:19 PM   #26
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Get me mad? The usual suspects of child abuse, racism, sexism, and so on. My preferred sentence for the DC snipers would be to lock them in a room for an hour with the friends and family of those they murdered. No police, no cameras, no record of whatever happens. After the hour's up, whatever is left can go rot in jail (or decompose in a pine box, if that's appropriate).

Get me irritated? Well, that list is longer...

People who get upset about things they can't control or improve. I've seen people argue with airline folks about sending a plane into the air, insisting it happen. People, if the airline doesn't want to fly it right now, there's usually something wrong with the airplane, the people flying it, or where it's going. Your desire to get there won't help any, and it may hurt... a lot!

People who fall for any scam or urban legend. My mom, bless her soul, is as gullible as a long August day. You name it, she's fallen for it. Recycling pop tabs so someone can get dialysis, email tracking programs, the hoax virus warning, the waving plant, the big chihuahua from Mexico... she's fallen for them all. Fortunately, she doesn't fall for the financial scams.

People who can't read. Speed limit signs, specifically. If it says 50, please do something remotely near 50. 25 just doesn't cut it...

Celebrities who have the answers to the world's problems. I don't mind opinions, but stop pretending you know everything about an issue. If you've studied it, that's one thing; if not, don't be surprised when someone calls you on your position, intellectually belittles you, and calls you a bad example of genetic planning. If you can't defend your position, put a cork in it.

People who think they're so much better than everyone else, just because. I mean, some people think that theirs doesn't stink and that they have all the answers to what's wrong in the world.

Oh, waitaminnit. I might be in that last group... okay, everyone gets one chance to mess up before they get labelled and sent off to the colony in Antarctica.
Well said man. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] I could'nt have said it better myself.