Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 08:03 PM   #21
Moni

Saz,

Wow! With that busy schedule you just might have to wait for it on video! It will be worth the wait...it is not "must see NOW" movie like Gladiator or "The Cell" lol...a good movie nonetheless!

Must be nice to be able to make plans so far into the future! I basically apply the same method to the future as I do to everyday living...fly by the seat of my pants and see where I end up! Like yesterday's shopping trip got put off until today...was kind of a bummer yesterday but we did do some shopping today and we had so many laughs during the drive to and fro that it was well worth the wait.

Moni

Old 04-09-2001, 08:16 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
ladyzekke,

Great news! Heh heh heh! Glad you got to enjoy some of spring's finest weather! Makes you feel good doesn't it?!

Here's to more sunny days coming your way!

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-09-2001).]
Yes I really do love this weather we are having notwithstanding. I felt hot earlier when I was driving home from work (car's air conditioning works, but makes car sound like tractor so I don't use it and my car has dark blue velour type material interior/seats, it is THE HOTTEST CAR IN THE UNIVERSE, ANYONE DISAGREES I CHALLENGE!!) Came home from work, took hot shower, felt like I was going to melt like a candle cause I opened all the windows in the house when I came home like a dumbass!! But now temps have gone down to 74 right now, absolutely lovely! And I was right, they are predicting dropping temperatures and rain tomorrow! Now where did I leave that sweater?

------------------
Old 04-09-2001, 08:28 PM   #23
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke;
Now where did I leave that sweater?
LMAO I learned living here too that winter clothes don't get packed away...you merely switch which dresser/wardrobe you are dressing out of as days demand.

Our thermostat (in the house) is broken on the AC side and I have to keep a watch on the temp when I run it or it can get down to 55 degrees in the front rooms before I feel it hit 68 in my own. I carry pneumonia in one of my lungs and have to be careful otherwise I can get sick within a matter of minutes if the air I breathe gets too cold.

The AC in my car works but it has a short which blew the same fuse twice in one day and sucked half the power out of a new battery so it is sitting outside the garage until I can take a look at it and see if I can find and fix it before resorting to having to have it done by a "professional"~in other words, someone with more tools than I have LOL!
We have been taking Rex's car everywhere and it is in dire need of a freon charge and just miserable though probably not near as bad as yours...his at least has a dirty white interior.

I know what the hot car thing is like...living in AZ I bought a gold El Camino with a dk brown seat cover and no AC....took about two rides in it before I replaced the dk brown with white lol!

Moni

Old 04-09-2001, 08:52 PM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

That's the only thing I hate about Spring...I know Summer's coming.

For those of you going HUH??? We're talking about 105+ degree days here (42 degrees C) for two to four weeks in July/August running EASILY. And when your car doesn't have AC...

it makes you glad you work!

Old 04-09-2001, 09:21 PM   #25
Moni

After living in Tucson AZ for 20 years where summer temps reached into the 110's on "bad" days lol I think I can take Texas...getting used to the heat mixed with humidity is a whole nother can of worms though! Now I understand why Arizonians defend the phrase "at least its a dry heat!" It sure does make a difference in how hot it actually feels and there, you can at least take a cool shower and stay dry while you are toweling off!

Moni

I won't knock Texas any farther than that though...at least here you can get more than cactus to grow! I did have roses in AZ but the yard itself was gravel, otherwise it would have been dirt from lack of funds to water every other day and a waste of precious resources as well.

Saz, our home here is a modest cottage type built in the 1930's. It is surrounded by a fence (an ancient white picket in the front and chain link around the back) covered in greenery (once it gets going) and trees that boast hosting some of the Queen's Crown vines as well as their own beauty. Up against the front of the house are the Asian ferns, Wandering Jew, Queen's Crown, and some type of ivy that grows thick and strong. There are a variety of trees here...Chinaberry, Chinese Tallow, Mesquite, Oak, Pecan, and the one that I forgot the name of with the pretty white flowers that I don't get to enjoy until they fall on the ground (it is a tall tall tree!).

By mid-summer (provided we remember to and are allowed to water) the place looks almost like something from a fairy tale. I remember when Rex brought me here, admiring the place as we turned the corner on his street. I was beyond delighted when he pulled up and parked in front of the place announcing "We're here!"

I love being able to take care of it and look forward to my additions to the greenery (the roses I am planting later this month and the stuff my lady friend planted) taking life and continuing to add to its charm.

It will be sad here when my "job" ends and I am no longer needed by the family. Hopefully that will not be for years to come and by that time, I will be a fixture like every other living thing here.

Moni

Old 04-09-2001, 10:02 PM   #26
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Hi, Moni! It's raining here! *SIGH* And, no, Oregonians don't really have webs between their toes!!!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-09-2001, 10:11 PM   #27
Moni

Hi LadyRae!

Oooo Rain! Good for reading a book whilst wrapped up in a warm blanket with hot coffee or tea on the side! Also great for napping!

I believe you about the webbed feet thing lol! My best friend when I lived in HI was an Oregon Native and she had pretty feet!

Moni

Old 04-09-2001, 10:21 PM   #28
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Teehee! Don't know about pretty! But real small and NO webs! Um, no 'webectomy' niether! Sometimes I actually crave sunshine! The older I get the more I'd like to live somewhere where the only time I wore a jacket was when I'm dressed up! At least we usually don't get the snow/slush that other places get and we have green all Winter long (lots of evergreens!) But no real 'seasons' either. *SIGH* Lived back East for a couple years as a youngster and our first Fall there completely blew me away! So much color! Then, of course, icky gray for months and months. Maybe I should stop whining?

------------------
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-09-2001, 10:25 PM   #29
Moni

I grew up in the roling hills of southwest Ohio...fall colors on rolling hills is a a sight to behold for sure! The prettiest fall area I ever witnessed firsthand was in the mountains of Virginia...just lovely!

For someplace dry and warm, you just might like Arizona...Tucson in particular. You get the desert warmth (the dry heat lol) and have a beautiful and FRIENDLY city that is surrounded on mountains on all sides that range in climate from desert to evergreen forrest (Mt Lemmon). I stayed there 20 years and had I not needed a job and got the one that brought me here, I'd still be there.

Still I hear that Oregon is a beautiful place all its own and no one I have ever known that lived there wanted to be anyplace else!

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-09-2001).]

Old 04-09-2001, 10:36 PM   #30
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

How long have you been in Texas??? Got the cute accent yet? (Yeah, I really do think it's cute!) Spent a couple weeks there as a kid (it rained every day for two weeks, ending the 7-year drought!) and, I swear to God, I had an accent when I came back! Tuscon sounds nice... It's more temperate than Pheonix, isn't it??? My aunt lives in Sedona. Haven't been to visit yet but my son had a great time when he went down with my dad this last summer.

------------------
Smitten by The.Relic