Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2001, 11:00 PM   #1
Wolf_1139
Welcomed New User

I'm at the Evil god Kargaxx and I HAVE to kill him (I'd rather he be my dark master but awell) And I can barly scratch him. any intel on him would be usefull. I tried wearing him down with summoned creatures but he doesn't seem to get tired and none of my weapons hurt him. GRRR!
I am playing an Evil party (mostly) with Kelthern (the Pally) Minsc, Viconna, Jan, Edwin (He's the man), and my self a Conjour. any ideas?
Old 10-04-2001, 11:10 PM   #2
Encard
Quintesson

First off, I'm pretty sure you need +4 weapons or higher to hit him. Hmm... The best way to do it, if you don't have Slayer Change yet, is to lure his first form to the left side of the screen using someone he's targetting (I think), then beat him to death. Actually, what's best is to get him to near death, then run everyone but Edwin/you Conjurer back out of his sight (these two MUST have Spell Immunity to Abjuration and alos have Death Ward), then use ring of the ram on him to kill his first form. Now, have theose two beat Kangaxx the Demi-Lich to death with some sort of +4 or +5 weapons, like Staff of the Magi and some other things I can't quite remember. *shrug* I can't really remember if there's a better way, I haven't done it in a while...

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 02:46 AM   #3
Merlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I killed him really easily with my level 11 undead hunter and the carsomyr +5, I just kept everyone else back, cast haste and protection from evil, drank a potion of fire giant strength and went to work on him, the only problem was after he was dead I had to bring Minsc and Anomen up to help with the pit fiend. Getting the carsomyr +5 was much harder.

------------------
Magic Merlin
Old 10-05-2001, 02:50 AM   #4
Merlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I forgot to mention the 125% fire resistance I had, this helped a lot. (Ring of fire resistance plus armour made from Firkragg.)

------------------
Magic Merlin
Old 10-05-2001, 03:26 AM   #5
Ugaya
Manshoon

Keep your party out of sight as far as possible. Equip one of your members with a +4 weapon and - if you want it far more easy - use a protection scroll (from magic or undead). IMHO the best weapon to kill Kangaxx is the Improved Mace of Disruption (available in chapter 3), he always (now 4 times) failed his saving throw and get killed quickly.