Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2001, 10:29 PM   #191
Encard
Quintesson

OOC: I don't get my wand? *sigh* Oh, well, guess I'll just have to make do...

IC: Encard gets a spiky wand from his belt just as the statue launches its first blow. However, the strike bounces off some sort of barrier made of crystaline light... The statue is then hit hit from behind a swarm of angry RaBid Weasels...

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 08-18-2001).]
Old 08-18-2001, 05:37 PM   #192
Lord Shield

... which get squished

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-18-2001, 09:43 PM   #193
Encard
Quintesson

But the statue must turn to squish the MASSIVE HORDE (something like 1000) of weasels, giving Encard the time he needs to get his Wand of Stoneshspe and use it on the statue, which, though not having a full effect due to the statue's power, does shape its legs into a the bottom of a stalagtite (stalagmite?). The statue roars in rage and swings one of its swords at Encard, but the sword bounces off of the crystaline barrier and Encard casts Encard's Ray of Destruction at it, blasting one of its arms and pat of its chest off. As the statue ponders this for a moment, Encard zaps it with his Wand of large Abyssal Rifts, which, due to the statue's stalatite (mite?) form takes it for part of the landscape and splits it in half. Sadly, it is back together as soon as the rift closes, but it is now disoriented, allowing Encard to blast another Ray of Destruction at it, hitting it right in the chest, where there is apparently a large, glowing ruby, splitting the ruby and causing a massive explosion of magic. Within moments, the statue splits in half, revealing what is apparently a highly-magical, blood-red sword that is a combination between a longsword and a scimitar. Its pommel is shaped to look like a dragon's skull, with the hilt being the spine and the crossbar the wings. The tail goes down the weapon's center, and there are grooves for moving blood down the blade.

Encard: Hmm... well, I DO need a sword, after all... So unless one of you needs it, I think I'll keep it. It could turn out to be a little useful.

At these words, the blade glows angrily and zaps Encard with a small, blood-red lightning bolt.

Encard: Err... I it could turn out to be very useful... VERY USEFUL...

The blade quickly loses its angry glow and returns to its normal glow.

Encard: Hmm... I wonder... but I'll have to see about that later, suppose.

------------------
Bow down to the Weasels of Apocalypse! RaBid Fruit Trees! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Miniature Exploding Demonic Demons of Doom, Death and Desruction!
:1drgat1:
Old 08-19-2001, 12:59 AM   #194
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: LS, until you get Encard under control (he is Godly, yes), I have no reason for posting. Perfect example was his previous post. Now, I'm not flaming you, Encard, I just see it as none of need a reason to post if you can do everything . Fighting that statue without Encard would have taken us a pretty long time, but not with the Wand of Destruction.. So if you could just limit your weapons, like the rest of us, I'm sure it would please everyone else. As you see, ever since his arrival, no one else has posted besides me, LS, and Ace. Get what I'm saying?
Old 08-19-2001, 08:23 AM   #195
Lord Shield

I agree. The whole point of banning Godly powers (nithe iuntroductory posts of these bar threads) was soeverybody could get a turn. Splatting something in1 post and leaving nothing for anybody else is tedious and boring. Nix it with the Wands of everything-destruction, otherwisethere isn't going to be an 8th thread for the bar - no point if people don't post

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-19-2001, 01:09 PM   #196
Neb
Account deleted by Request

After a brief visit to the lair of an ancient wyrm red dragon and discovering that it's relatives had decided to visit, Neb and Kivan paid a quick visit to a good aligned plane before being ressurected after which Neb teleported them back to the Bar.

"That wasn't too fortunate" said Neb "What are the odds of a red dragon having it's relatives over to plan the destruction of an enclave of dragon hunters?" "Not too high" said Kivan "But look on the bright side! We got a free visit to some of the outer planes! And, we got lucky that that cleric ressurected us." "True" agreed Neb "But now, let us order some beer, getting killed makes me thirsty."
Old 08-19-2001, 04:42 PM   #197
Encard
Quintesson

ACK! Sorry about that... I'll remember not to do that sort of thing again.

------------------
:1drgat1:
Old 08-19-2001, 05:28 PM   #198
Lord Shield

np, Encard quite a few people make that mistake - always helps to read the initial post

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-19-2001, 09:27 PM   #199
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

OOC: Hey LS, do you mind giving a status update as to where we are, is the quest over, are we going back to the bar... I've been out of the loop for a few days and i'm not quite sure...
Old 08-20-2001, 12:05 PM   #200
Lord Shield

Weh have just got Nano's moonblade so we can make our way back. And we have an unconscious evil wizard as a present (I shall wrap it) for SkyDrac when she comes back

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site