Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-02-2001, 04:58 AM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

don't you have to have a 17 in the prime requisite of the new class in order to dual class? even if it's 15 (not sure which of the two) how the hades did he switch over? i can see bending a rule in favor of improvement (like Coran the F/TH getting a 3rd slot in bows) but that's just silly. if they're going by "role-playing" (do AI's rp? ) they should drop his CHA to about 4 and help his DEX out...
Old 10-02-2001, 07:29 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Also, look at his weapon proficiencies. When you pick him up he is at level 7/8 Fighter/Cleric. He doesn't have enough proficiencies though!! If you dual your own character, you get I think 2 more than poor deficient Anomen. (I figured this was fair game for a bit of 'cheating', worked out how many he should have had, and gave them back to him using shadowcheater )

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-04-2001, 04:50 AM   #3
xzar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ano is not 'dualing'. He's 'becoming a Paladin'. All Paladins must have Cha.17. It's natural. He gains it. Ano is more of a Paladin than anyone else because he's done something for it.
Old 10-04-2001, 06:22 AM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by xzar:
Ano is not 'dualing'. He's 'becoming a Paladin'. All Paladins must have Cha.17. It's natural. He gains it. Ano is more of a Paladin than anyone else because he's done something for it.
Pity he doesn't actually become a Paladin then!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-04-2001, 07:18 AM   #5
Zbyszek

You mean fighter dualled to cleric and dualled to Paladin? With Holy avenger- yes he would rock.

------------------

Well known expetitioner, Heffalumps hunter, friend of Boo.
Old 10-04-2001, 05:41 PM   #6
Kitty
Manshoon

For roleplaying purposes, yes, Anomen is a cheater - to dual-class from a fighter to a cleric, he should have at least 15 strenght (which he has, and more than average) and at least 17 wisdom (which he doesn't get even passing his test). But after that, he becomes a wonderful cleric...