Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-1999, 06:29 AM   #1
Ziroc

I am.. The screenshots I have seen so far are AWESOME!
My favorite is the Mummy looking coffin.

I am SO glad that the interface is a lot like Darkstone, but in
a higher resolution..

Anyone else?

Ziroc
Old 12-29-1999, 09:21 AM   #2
drbob

I was never much of a gamer , but I have a few favorites.
Tell us about the games alittle .
Purhaps I am not the only one to not know what the new games are all about .
Old 02-04-2000, 03:18 AM   #3
Ceriden

I actually might have the old texts (Story and a little bit of Manual) from when it was on AOL, back when it was 16bit color. Never got to play it though as it was a school account. I remember dreaming about what it might be like to live in that world. If anyone is interested I can start looking for it. The downside is it would be on disk along with other BBS stuff, and as I have houndreds of disks it may take awhile.

Definitly looking forward to this, as well as VTM: Redemption and Werewolf the Apocolypse
Old 02-04-2000, 04:26 AM   #4
Ziroc

I played the AOL version, it was just like a Goldbox game, kinda fun.. But you said it was 16bit.. hehe, I know ya meant 16 Colors.. EGA.. YUK! -- I LOVED Pools of Darkness, it was VGA (Wow!) , and had a killer story.. that
had to be my favorite RPG..

I also LOVED Ultima Underworld 1 and 2, and Eye of the beholder.. awesome games..

Ziroc
Old 04-21-2000, 05:30 PM   #5
Freedan

Heck yah, I played the old game on AOL too. Sad part was I started playing it a few months before it went down, and had just started to get a good charector and enjoy it. Can't wait for this game. And was the old NWN even EGA? I almost remember it as monochrome *shudder*. I'm not sad its gotten a face lift.
Old 05-06-2000, 08:02 AM   #6
Moggl

I'm looking forward to unleashing a sizeable army of veterans into Neverwinter Nights as well as Baldur's Gate II. Unlike that 'rpg' from Blizzard, all the hampering and pampering wasn't in vain. Also unlike that Blizzard game, my 'incarnation' in BG didn't do himself in at the end, in that most silly old save-the-damsel-paladin way.
(Ever noticed? you can only finish Diablo with a mage, yet in the end sequence you see a paladin. Maybe that's what inspired Ajantis.)
Old 12-31-2000, 01:07 PM   #7
The_Daemon

Au contraire!
Diablo could be defeated with both the other classes. In fact, I've yet to complete it with a mage (just not good enough at crushing bones, those weakling magi).
Luckily some proper RPGs saved me from ever having the time or desire to want to play Diablo again!
Old 01-07-2001, 05:20 AM   #8
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Oh hey, for the people that played the game on AOL, this version is nothing like that one. The name may be the same, but nothing else. It's been a long time in the waiting too. I first heard about it two years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing if the hype is gonna match the product. It has the capability to be an awesome game. But I bet your gonna need a high end machine to get the most out of it.
Tobbin is offline   Reply With Quote