Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-06-2001, 04:39 PM   #41
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz and her familiar followed Zephyra into the north of the city. There the little creature landed next to an entrance to the sewers. Kaz wrinkled her nose. "Do I really have to go down there?" Zephyra looked at her scornfully. "Well, it's all right for you, you can fly." Looking around to see that no one was about, Kaz lifted the lid and climbed down into the sewers.
She almost gagged. It stunk incredibly, and she was wading through an ankle-deep oily greenish fluid, sticking to her boots and making progress difficult. There was almost no light, just a bit, shining on the floor and lighting everything eerily green. I hope I don't fall... Kaz walked carefully, noting that the stones were very slippery. She followed Zephyra deeper into the gloom, Aerynkoryk perched on her shoulder.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:45 PM   #42
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Well, if there is nothing left for me to do here, I will go catch up with Jaclyn. It's been ten years! The couple walked over to a table in the corner and sat down. Ah, I was wondering... could you tell me what your enslavement was like?
Of course. She relaxed in the chair, letting her limbs hang loose and almost to the floor it seemed. When I was a slave to the Drow masters, I didn't have any choices to do. There was no light, no hope, no chance for salvation, and worst of all... no you. I had to work the longest hours since I'm a surface elf, and was kept in the smallest magic-tight quarters since I'm a mage. The meals they provided were awful, and I would have starved to death if they hadn't force-fed me.
I heard them talking about everything, about their plans, about their enemies... about you. You were a thorn in their side it seemed, the only thing standing between their leader and a complete monopoly over mercenary activity. One day, I got up enough courage to ask why they had chosen to attack us, and if they wanted you so badly why they took me. They answered "Foolish girl, you really don't understand what that was for? Very well... you and your lover have been causing us problems, acting as a barricade. Your friend is our main concern, and we were hoping that after losing you he would lose his will to fight. It doesn't seem as if he has, but it is slowing down that is for sure." His voice was cold like death. Then he struck me across the jaw with his ebony hand, knocking me into the wall and unconsciousness.
She began to tear up.

They treated you that terribly? I'm so sorry... if you need a minute, please take it. But don't ever worry about me not being able to help... I'll be here for you from now on... forever.

ooc: Guys, if you know where i can find an online DnD spell list so i can find her list of spells, that'd be great...

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]

Old 11-06-2001, 04:55 PM   #43
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb had found a dagger that someone had dropped on the ground and was advancing stealthliy along the corridor, up ahead, he could see torchlight and the shadow of a lonely guard, he advanced slowly, concentrating 100% on stealth, his advance was both unheard and unseen, he slowly slipped up behind the guard who was standing next to a wooden door that appeared to be the main entrance, he placed his hand over the guard's mouth as he cut his throat, he then searched the corpse, he removed all of the guard's equipment and grabbed his keys and the torch, he dragged the equipment back to the hole and threw it down to his captured friends who would need weapons when he freed them, he couldn't free them now, however, even though he had the keys, since there was no keyhole on the inside of the door, slowly, stealthily, he opened the main door to the dungeon and snuck inside.

The place was a maze, even had he not still been a bit light-headed from the poison he would probably not have been able to find his way around, he had so far stumbled upon a kitchen, an armory(Where he'd picked up a shortsword and a leather armor.) and a small chapel, not the one he had been in earlier though, as he crept along a corridor he could see a humanoid figure outlined in the torchlight up ahead, standing with it's back to him, he would have to kill it if he wished to go any further along the passage, beyond the person he could see the cells that held his friends.

He was 10 feet from the creature when he realized something was wrong, he could see that it was waiting, waiting for him, he quickly started to back away, but it was too late, the mind flayer turned around and he felt the burning pain inside his head as it used a psionic blast to defend itself, however the poison that numbed his senses and locked his magic beyond his grasp also protected him from pain and psionics, he charged ahead, determined not to give it a chance to try again, or to try another trick, with a
well-placed strike he cut off it's left hand, it drew an unpleasant looking dagger with a jagged blade which oozed some sort of sticky substance which smoked when it hit the floor, Neb knew that getting hit by that blade even once would probably assure the end of his life in a slow and painful way.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Neb ]

Old 11-06-2001, 05:05 PM   #44
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kaz walked along the sewer, then saw Zephyra turning right. Over there, the tunnels were dry. The ooze was only in the main canals. Thankful, Kaz stepped onto dry stone and almost didn't notice the hole in the floor. She stepped back just in time. Looking down, Kaz saw several figures moving. One of them looked like a giant praying mantis...
Kaz walked carefully around the hole, hoping no one had seen her. At the end of the tunnel she was in, there was a wooden door, standing slightly open. A dead guard was lying in front of it.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:15 PM   #45
Neb

(OOC: Me and Kaz are out for tonight, and the
sub-plot is closed, so no joiners please.)
Old 11-06-2001, 05:47 PM   #46
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
(OOC: Me and Kaz are out for tonight, and the
sub-plot is closed, so no joiners please.)

OOC>>>
How the hell could we join?
Nobody has given our characters any leads as to where you are!

By the way, Spree...Let's get back to the main story. I will no longer be running off doing anything except waiting for Maverick to show up to challenge me for Nightblade.
I am here only to complete the reason this thread exists...your story. Until then, I will be working on completing your tavern...

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-06-2001, 05:51 PM   #47
Neb

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

OOC>>>
How the hell could we join?
Nobody has given our characters any leads as to where you are!

(OOC: One of you could have followed Kaz or something, how should I know, just wanted to make it clear.)
Old 11-06-2001, 05:53 PM   #48
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Deciding that he would rather be here in the tavern and alone with Mistral (though Sephi was in the next room), Larry gladly began to pick up the larger trash in the floor that was in Mistral's way of sweeping.

Chaos was bounding about, chewing on this or that, and testing himself on how fast he could run from one end of the room to the other.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:00 PM   #49
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

(OOC: One of you could have followed Kaz or something, how should I know, just wanted to make it clear.)

OOC>>>The only thing that you are making clear is that you are not reading our posts. Sephi does not even know you are gone, and I never saw Kaz leave because she was cloaked in invisibility. Mistral is sweeping in the kitchen.
Come on! We are role-playing our characters fairly. You are implying that we would break the rules and take advantage of the time that you and Kaz are not online, thus making your subplot ruined by our desires.
I cannot hide the fact that I am offended by that.
Remember that you are a guest player on our thread, ran by Spree.

Old 11-06-2001, 06:04 PM   #50
Neb

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

OOC>>>The only thing that you are making clear is that you are not reading our posts. Sephi does not even know you are gone, and I never saw Kaz leave because she was cloaked in invisibility. Mistral is sweeping in the kitchen.
Come on! We are role-playing our characters fairly. You are implying that we would break the rules and take advantage of the time that you and Kaz are not online, thus making your subplot ruined by our desires.
I cannot hide the fact that I am offended by that.
Remember that you are a guest player on our thread, ran by Spree.

(OOC: To me it never seemed as if I implied that you would do so, but if you feel that I did, then I apologize most humbly.)