Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-06-2001, 12:07 PM   #1
fredthemasterofpuppets
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, i've have a lot of problem to deal with all the vampires/mummies in this dungeon.
Any suggestion ?
Old 09-06-2001, 12:57 PM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

How about coming back later on in the game? Firekraag and his prisoner won't run away...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 09-06-2001, 01:05 PM   #3
Vampire

Yep there is ONe huge undead ambush of some 8 Vamps and 4 Mummies. I suggest a HUGE area of effect attack 1st to weaken them. I had three Mages so that wasn't a problem.
Should use Azuredge Axe and Disruption Mace.
The Power Amulet helps a lot. This a very tough battle with no rewards.

------------------
Old 09-06-2001, 01:06 PM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

"A silent blade does not cut always best
But a burst of flame will warm the deepness of your heart and will burn your unholy enemies.."

I remember these vampires, they were a little bit hard. Here's what I did. Get in the corridor and cast fireball in center, they will run through you, at this point you have to hunt them down with your ranged attacks. If you have melf's minute meteors it will be easy. Also there's one more way..

Cast "sanctuary" with your cleric and stand on the entrance of any door. The vampires will try to pass but they won't because you're sanctuaried (!?) and hunt them with your ranged weapons.

Also spells against undead are very useful.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:07 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... ...

I presume you are having problems with the Undead in some room after a narrow tunnel?

Here's a trick you can try pulling off if you have party members good with ranged weapons and invisibility potions.

You will note there's a door after the narrow corridor, note that only one person can go through at a time, and we are going to exploit it.

Park your party in some faraway safe room and select someone to be a 'wall'. Turn off the AI, select your chosen wall and your archer. Your wall is gonna act as a invisible door. Make your archer go through the door and attract one Vampire. Quickly run back to the corridor, and use your wall to block the door. The Vampire will not attack your wall because he/she's invisible.

Remember to turn off AI!

Blocked, the vampire will patrol and attempt to dominate your archer, do not worry, your archer won't attack your wall either and eventually the spell will wear off. Proceed to pelt the Vampire at leisure. Rinse and repeat.

You need +2 ammo by the way, IIRC.

The potion lasts for 12 hours, so don't fret about it running out.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-06-2001, 02:31 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dang, what I did was just walk in the middle of the room with the Power Amulet on (prot against level drain) and invoke Daystar. Instant Vamp Sushi. The one that didn't die I whacked on the next round.

------------------
Old 09-06-2001, 02:58 PM   #7
Gavin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The spell Negative Plane Projection works well to prevent the very expensive (to fix) level drains.

I had great success with the Insect Plague spell to bother the vamps.

Fire weapons (Melf's Min. Meteors, Fire Arrows, ect) are great against Mummies.

False Dawn is a rather cheesy but easy way to win this battle if you have it...

I guess the key is to avoid getting someone surrounded by vampires and mummies, this is always a really bad thing unless it's a mage about to fire off a sun star blast or something... (then everyone else has to RUN, though..)

------------------
'Always leave the enemy an avenue of escape. An enemy cornered fights on death ground.' - Sun Tzu
Old 09-06-2001, 03:24 PM   #8
oldbittercraig
Elminster

using my archer and stealth, I was able to get off a couple potshots with only a baddy or two on screen, and have them chase me to a nearby room where the rest of my party was waiting to give them LAPD treatment...

The group of undead is a lot easier to take out if you can hit them one or two at a time.
Old 09-06-2001, 04:58 PM   #9
fredthemasterofpuppets
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thank you for all these answers !
I will try !
Old 09-06-2001, 09:11 PM   #10
Skunk
Banned User

I just used the Daystar sword on them...

Not powerful enough to defeat the lich guarding the sword yet? Neither was I - I just ran in, stole it and left the city gate district. Didn't even need to use a haste spell! Then came back when I was powerful enough to defeat him.

Seriously though. Daystar sunray spell knocks out the vamps almost in one go and is a SERIOUS weapon against the mummies afterwards...