Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 12:00 AM   #11
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I played Four times the game till the end and 6 times ti'il chapter 2 to test out all the caracter classes.

OOC: 2nd year university art Student!!!
Old 03-14-2001, 12:17 AM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Five times through completely plus every kit up to getting the related stronghold. (ie. every stronghold).

1.Monk
2.Monk (loved this new class so much the first time I played it again.)
3.Talosian Priest & Half Orc Berzerker
4.(can't remember the fourth!!!)
5.Jester

plus:
Beastmaster & Archer up to the end of the Underdark
Kensai/Thief to Brynnlaw
Assassin, Swashbuckler, Bounty Hunter and Dwarven Fighter/Thief party (Lots of fun)
Pure Bard (carried over from BG1) up till end of Stronghold quests
Totemic Druid
etc.... (you get the idea)

was I addicted?

.....maybe

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-14-2001, 12:32 AM   #13
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Im sure Yorick will agree with me when I say that Singaporeans carry Adiction into an art form

------------------
Why?
Old 03-14-2001, 09:37 AM   #14
Raistlin
Manshoon

I can't believe some of you started a game and didn't finish it! I personally can't stand the beginning of any game. I despise starting with a brand new character who winds up getting killed numersous times until he has built up enough experience to wipe his ass by himself

------------------

Balance
Old 03-14-2001, 09:41 AM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin:
I can't believe some of you started a game and didn't finish it! I personally can't stand the beginning of any game. I despise starting with a brand new character who winds up getting killed numersous times until he has built up enough experience to wipe his ass by himself

heh, sometimes people want to try new things.

P.S. raistlin, are you the same one i met in planetbg forum?

Old 03-14-2001, 09:45 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

Well after a point it got same same. Re. the strongholds, I'd load from a presave just after the exit from the dungeon in Waukeens promenade. I wanted to experience all the differences the classes/strongholds had.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-14-2001, 09:49 AM   #17
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Once you did the game afew times the only boring thing is Irenicus dungeon You just want out of there quickly so you can start exploring the diferent quest. The first time I was in Irenicus dungeon I explored every inch of the place with my detect traps to see if I wasn't missing a secret door or item. I was even reluctant to leave the dungeon once I had found the exit I slept had my wizzard memorise their best spell cause I was sure I was going to have a fight a powerful monster at the exit.
Old 03-14-2001, 10:03 AM   #18
Raistlin
Manshoon

Well 250, I may have been there but it does not really ring any bells. FYI there is an imposter wannabe running around the net using my name

------------------

Balance
Old 03-14-2001, 10:06 AM   #19
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Well 250, I may have been there but it does not really ring any bells. FYI there is an imposter wannabe running around the net using my name

lol, how do I know if you aint the imposter wannabe using the other guy's name? haha, just kidding.

P.S. then you must read about the whole wizard vs fighter crap going there? heh

Old 03-14-2001, 10:20 AM   #20
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I agree with you Raistlin, the beginning is terribly tedious. Its really hard to be enthusiastic and introduce a friend to the great things BG2 has to offer while being bored out of your wits and trying to get the hell out of the first area as soon as possible, but unfortunately they'll miss out on background info if you skip it.

------------------
Why?