Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-15-2001, 08:40 AM   #21
Armisael

Well sure, he's fairly strong, but you've got to admit that as a character he's a non-event.

Old 01-15-2001, 09:45 AM   #22
Demonic Jester

The npc i want to see again is that really depressed elven mage from bg1- can't remember his name though. 'As leader I will endeavor not to get you all killed.' Fantastic.

Old 01-15-2001, 09:48 AM   #23
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

BG1: Safana, Yeslick and Xzar

BG2: Mazzy, Valygar and Aerie
Old 01-15-2001, 09:48 AM   #24
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi all.

BG1 - Montaron and xzar.

BG2 - My bloke, Nalia, Aerie, Yoshimo, Jaheira. Maybe Minsc or Valygar.

Imoen...pah. She sucks.
She was a good thief in BG1 and I liked her. Theres far too few thieves in BG2 and I'm gutted Imoen has gone all "magical" on me.

All my crew got to lev 13 to 17 or so before I went to get her back (I'm there now) so she's so far behind now that there's no point in using her anymore...it'll take an age before she catches my two other mages up. (Aerie, Nalia). Does Imoen have something going for her that I'm unaware of....don't look like it.

Also, didn't Mazzy die...or have the late nights made me forgetful.

P.S.... Is BG3 on the way?
Old 01-15-2001, 11:31 AM   #25
Newander

I donīt like Jaheira in BG2 because of how much I hated her in BG1...she was so boring so I told myself not to play her in BG2. I just donīt like her. And Viconia is a cleric. I donīt like clerics because they donīt have any funnt kits...does these answers satisfy you?

Old 01-15-2001, 09:32 PM   #26
Armisael

No, it sounds pretty shallow-minded and stupid to me, to be honest.
Charlie, yeah, I don't like Imoen much either. She plays a pretty big part in the game's plot, at least up to chapter five. As far as I'm concerned, though, that doesn't make up for her stupid decision to dual to a mage. You're right, there aren't many decent thieves, and there goes one more. : (
Mazzy, die? Well, maybe, but you can just get her raised, right? Yoshimo died. He was a great character, as well... bugrit.

Old 01-15-2001, 10:22 PM   #27
Magness
Quintesson

It's been so long since I played BG1 that I cannot remember the NPCs too well.

However, my favorite BG2 npc's are:

1. Jahiera
2. Mazzy
3. Valygar

Y'know... were a BG3 to be written using the DnD 3rd edition rules as I've heard of them, Mazzy would get her wish to be a Paladin for for her goddess, Avoreen!!! Actually, if you look at her special abilities, she has some paladin-ish abilities.

minor potential SPOILER ....

FYI, for those that mentioned Ajantis above, if I'm not mistaken, you (the PC) kill him when you first enter the Windspear Hills. I think that he is one of the knights that is disguised by Fiirkrag's illusions.
Old 01-15-2001, 10:25 PM   #28
Armisael

I've heard that a couple of times, though I've got no idea how anyone came to that conclusion.

Old 01-15-2001, 11:07 PM   #29
The-Shark

Probably because one of the knights shouted "By Helm!"

Okay, here's a reason to keep Imoan: She gets an extra spell slot for each spell level. This really improves her ability to clobber enemies.

On top of that (Spoiler)
SHE'S YOUR SISTER!!!

Old 01-15-2001, 11:21 PM   #30
Armisael

Bah, Edwin gets an extra three spells in each circle, and he's not your sister. : )
Call me gullible, but did one of the knights actually shout 'By Helm'? If they did, I sure didn't pick it up.