Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-01-2001, 04:30 PM   #21
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree with The Relic. Ziroc is doing quite a lot of work for all of us and it is much appreciated. With so many people now using this Board, a new and improved one would be in order. Thanks, Ziroc and have a great New Years!
Old 01-01-2001, 04:45 PM   #22
One ANGRY lil' man

Sure I'll re-register i'm lazy but not that lazy.

Old 01-01-2001, 05:07 PM   #23
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Make it so. A new board and keep this one around for a while too. I'll register again for a little progress.
Old 01-01-2001, 08:30 PM   #24
Sabre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

G'day,

I like this Message Board but will re-register on the new one!
Please keep old one for a while though..

You are doing a great job!

Cheers,
Sabre
Old 01-02-2001, 12:04 AM   #25
IceFire

I don't use the board alot, but when I do I really enjoy your work! This is a great site and anything new would have to be even better if you are at the controls. Thanks

Old 01-02-2001, 10:15 AM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I agree as long as it as quick, or quicker than this old board! I like the simplicity of this board though. This is my first board that Ive really been involved with, and it made other boards suck! The friendly atmosphere plus moderators that keep in touch is priceless. Just tell again the link an Ill be ayt!
Old 01-02-2001, 11:13 AM   #27
Ertai, Wizard Adept

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS KKKKKKK !!!!!!!

This means: Do it Ziroc, we all love you and your work so be sure we wont leave you !!!!

* Only sad thing is that we will lose our Messages Posted record... sniff... I had already almost 400...
BUT ITS OK !!!

Old 01-02-2001, 01:23 PM   #28
Ziroc

Z here, just wanted to update you all on the forum change-over and say happy new year!
We'll never have another date like 01/01/01 again for 1000 years! very weird typing that one!

Ok, as some of you may not know, this thread was kinda old, and some of ya may have missed the newer updates
I posted-- I got a script from a perl programming god that converted all the posts to the new UBB forum, and even the users database, BUT, the last script, the one that emails you all the new passwords to your UBB accounts isn't working yet, I've been trying for over a week now trying to get it working right but to no avail.

So, what I was thinking is nuking the NEW boards 'userdata' and start fresh (all the posts will remain fine) you'll only have to sign up (to the NEW UBB board). (this can be a good thing because a smaller user database means faster access to posts, and everything else) plus, it'll weed out all the old users that don't visit anymore , I bet out of the 3000+ users that some accounts have been dead for a long time.

Give me a few days to edit all the links on all the pages pointing to this board, and change them to the new one (UGH, thats the sucky part heheh), then we'll start the new year off with a bang

If you get an error in the future coming here, you can find the new link at any of the Ironworks gaming sub-sites links (at http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/ )

If you have any questions, just email me at webmaster@tgeweb.com

Thanks for all the kind words btw!!

Dan aka 'Ziroc'
Ironworks 'Cold as hell' Webmaster (In Florida too)

Old 01-02-2001, 01:35 PM   #29
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Dan, I had a lot of trouble originally signing into this board for some reason. Will the same thing occur on the new board? Will Bigpond work with your server? (You initially said it didn't 'justify')

Thanks for a great board though mate.

Yorick
Old 01-02-2001, 02:24 PM   #30
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

This message board is without question the best, it blows the rest away! But hey if you can make it even better then go for it my fellow God Ziroc. I've gotten lots of help from this board either directly or from reading postings so thanks to all.