Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-01-2001, 12:50 AM   #31
dulouz
Manshoon

Oh man, gauths. I hate them more than Beholders. 3 or 4 Gauths all shooting whatever they shoot at you. Sheesh. What is it anyway, so i can try to protect/reflect/defend against it? Is it electricity? Its a world of hurt and reloads, thats what it is

Other than them, I dislike kobolds. Lousy evil puppy dogs that they are.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Actually mindflayers can be easily beaten with a good thief and a lot of invisibility spells, potions, rings etc. I just backstabbed my way through..if you have a thief/mage its even easier> use the Staff of the Magi and backstab your way through.
I really hate beholders and gauths though..they are impossibly tough to kill without using the Cloak of Mirroring or the Shield of Balduran..I dont know how people get past them.

Old 09-01-2001, 01:25 AM   #32
Lestat
Manshoon

Mages

[This message has been edited by Lestat (edited 09-01-2001).]
Old 09-01-2001, 06:52 AM   #33
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Actually mindflayers can be easily beaten with a good thief and a lot of invisibility spells, potions, rings etc. I just backstabbed my way through..if you have a thief/mage its even easier> use the Staff of the Magi and backstab your way through.

Try using an Archer. Keep other partymembers out of sight and pick the mind flayers off one at a time from a distance. If you have the boots of speed it becomes even easier. (Beware of the Little Brother, though )

Quote:
I really hate beholders and gauths though..they are impossibly tough to kill without using the Cloak of Mirroring or the Shield of Balduran..I dont know how people get past them.

I wonder the exact same thing...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 09-01-2001, 11:36 AM   #34
Kitty
Manshoon

I forgot to mention the gauths and the beholders. It's very difficult to fight them before you put your hands on the Cloak of Mirroring. In the sewers beneath Athkatla, I had to gobble down lots of invisibility potions to get past through them. Everytime I stumbled upon a chest, my invisibility got cancelled when I wanted to pick up the things inside. Gosh...But after I grabbed the cloak, I just put it on my favorite fighter and WHAM! A lot of dead beholders.
The mind flayers and the vampires are fairly easy if you use the correct tactics, but they are surely a nuisance. It's really annoying when you are in the mind flayers' lair, you've just run out of Chaotic Commands spells and you need to sleep in there, and you are awakened by a bunch of mind flayers.
And yes, the Liches, those nasty undead. They harassed me until Anomen reached level 17. And unfortunately, I never had enough protection from undead scrolls in my backpack to cover everyone when I had to fight them. I don't remember when I won a fight with a Lich and didn't have to raise someone or reload the game

------------------
[/http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2113/gato_cor.gif]http://www.infopop.com/artwork/footer_logotype.gif[http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/.../gato_cor.gif]
Old 09-01-2001, 11:41 AM   #35
Kitty
Manshoon

Hi everybody,
Don't mind about those "http's"below my post. I was trying to insert a picture for my signature and it didn't work!
Old 09-02-2001, 11:00 AM   #36
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeh, the Illithids (mind flayers) and the Liches give some problems.
*****possible spoiler********
In ToB, those Fire-Giants in large numbers are a problem but hey, I killed them all

------------------
I pledged my vows to Torm - Mirac Honorguard (Undead Hunter)