Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 04-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #211
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Kuankreid (& Ainyra)

Kuan nodded wordlessly at Oley's first words, then inclined his head at the second. “As I am beginning to learn.”

“Now was swallowing your pride really so hard?”

“You just have to rub it in, don't you?”

“I hope there won't be a repeat of this, Kuan.” she whispered in his mind seriously and more than a little frightened, “The next... the next one might not be so forgiving. I... I don't know what I'd do if I lost you.”

“You won't.”

“You're always so sure of yourself! Ever stop to consider that once, just once you might be wrong?!” she snapped inwardly at him, “How you can be so inconsiderate all the time is quite beyond me! Do you even stop for a moment to consider my feelings?”

“Ainyra!” the elf gasped mentally, “What has got into you?!”

“I'm worried about you, you oaf and all you can do is act like nothing can hurt you. You're not invincible!”

“Is that what this about? You're worried?”

“Yes, curse you! I don't want to see you die. Especially because you couldn't keep a reign on that tongue of yours!”

“Ainyra... look, I'm sorry, all right? I'll be more careful. I don't want to see you hurt any more than you want to see me hurt.”

“Sometimes I think that a sound thrashing would teach you a lesson.” she grumbled, not at all appeased by his words, “Next time I won't be so quick to try to bail you out.”

“When in the Hells did you become my mother? You're not my wife, you blasted sprite! Or my mother! Are you trying to pick a fight?! Or is this some female thing where you feel the compulsive urge to act like a woman and get all emotional on me? You're being completely unreasonable and unfair!”

“Am I?” the sprite's mental voice held a dangerous edge to it, You're the one insulting archmages and acting so callously around death! If you cared about me the way you claim, you'd never endanger yourself like that! Do you love me, Kuan, or do you care only about yourself?”

“You're being unfair. You know I do; I'd never hurt you.”

“Yet you do it so often.” she answered bitterly, “You may disregard my feelings, but I do care about you.”

“All this just to tell me you care?” the young elf felt more confused than he had done in a decade. Anger to righteous indignation, to wounded pride to... bafflement.

“Yeah well...” she sniffed, “I'm sorry if you feel that way; that I'm a burden, playing at being your mother or your wife or something. I thought we were friends.”

“We are, blast you!”

“Then why do you react like this when I try to take care of you?”

“Argh! Just... argh! You... You are impossible! You can read my mind, sense my thoughts; you know how I think, and yet you still ask this?”

“Just 'cause I read them, doesn't mean I understand them. And 'sides, you can read my thoughts, but you never do. I'm only mortal, Kuan. I don't claim to understand or know everything.”

“I... I just give up. I'm not arguing any more.”

“Arguing? Who's arguing? You started this.” she paused, smiled outwardly, then leant over and kissed him on the cheek, “You may be being dense, impossible to deal with, but I still love you, you silly elf. Now please try to take care of yourself?”

I'm impossible?! What about you?!”

“I'm glad you agree. Now hush, I want to listen to Archmage Oley. He's a wise man, even if he does smell of too much drink. You should take a leaf from his book.”

Kuan sighed, “I love you too, Ainyra.”

“I know.” She smiled happily and absently began to braid his hair.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:46 AM   #212
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Round 10

The three heroes made their attack on the ettin, moving with speed and determination. Sever was the first who, when seeing as best he could he was paired up with the ettin head to heads, knowing this by the sounds in the cavern and that of the barely visible dark shape that loomed closer to him, threw his dagger at what should be the heads area and made his tumble attempt under the giant creature. The ettin, seeing the throw, attempted to jerk away from the throw but no sooner had the little man yelled, and arrow came whisking by, and the surprise made the ettin step back...right into the hammer that Xaver was swinging into his ankle. This blow caused the ettin to lose his balance as another arrow came whisking by and caught the ettin's left head in the neck which made a desperate situation worse. All of this happened nearly simultaneously, and even as Sever was still coming out from under the ettin's legs, the ettin fell backwards to pin the human thief under him. Since Xaver knew that the attack he made was likely to cause the ettin to fall, he successfully made it clear to safety and was witness to seeing Sever get crushed under the weight of the giant. The giant, however, was still alive, though the left head was screaming in pain from the arrow in its neck, and as it rolled over, it quickly swatted at Xaver and knocked him several paces away to land against the cavern wall.

OOC>>>
The giant has taken enough damage to render him near death.

Sever has taken enough damage from the fall to render him near death.

Xaver received 9hp damage from the attack, and dropped his weapon and shield along the way to the wall that he hit. It will take you one round to recover from the attack and grab your fallen items.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #213
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

"MMMFF. MM-M-MMMFF!"

OOC>> It's hard to talk with an ettin on top of you...
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #214
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Gillian

Gillian looked around the room with fierce concentration - such a simple but also such a difficult test. He got no sense of explicitly magical alteration but an archmage of Oley’s power could easily conjure an illusion beyond his power to detect so it must be something else. He walked in the direction of the shelves of tomes covering one wall. His eyes traced along the spines hungrily, enticed by the scope of knowledge they demonstrated. Demonstrated? Looking closer he detected an inconsistency or two, dusty books on clean shelves and clean books on dusty shelves, in other ways a little more consistency than you might expect, difficult to put your finger on but a ‘wrongness’ there . . . Not wanting to rush he moved about the rest of the study, his hands behind his back peering at the display before returning to the shelves. He turned back to Oley.

”There is something here,” he said indicating the books with a circling motion of his hand, “but I’m not sure what. If I could handle the books directly . . .” He trailed off waiting for Oley’s response. As he did so something caught him about the archmage’s behaviour. Gillian’s head tilted to one side in a quizzical fashion as he followed the movement of the mage’s flask to his lips and then back to the table. His eyes narrowed and then caught Oley watching his interest with what seemed like a corresponding urgency of his own. Their eyes held for a second before Gillian looked away. He glanced over to Kuan and his sprite neither of whom seemed to have noticed anything. He straightened up. [b]“That is all I can see at the moment archmage Oley.”[b]

[ 04-26-2007, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #215
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

It took Xaver a few seconds to get his bearings and realize what has just happened to him. He remembered seeing the ettin fall then ducking away so as to avoid being crushed. He did not see the giant's hand coming...

He got up slowly, then remembered what happened to Sever. Rushing for his shield and hammer he looked at the ettin. It was barely alive, but he would have to be very careful when attacking it so as not harm the thief, if he was still alive that is.

He turned to Pandaros and shouted. "Hold your shooting and come here quickly. That thief got himself crushed by the giant."
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #216
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout eased the tension on his bowstring as the dwarf called out. Pandaros slipped his readied arrow back into its quiver and set his bow down. He pulled his sword free

(OOC: not sure if I still have the sword, if not I ready my dagger)

and approached the sound of Xaver's voice, moving slowly to avoid tripping and in case any more surprises appeared from the darkness.

"Is the beast dead?"

[ 04-26-2007, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Kazilan ]
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #217
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Don't miss this section in the final part of my post..."though the left head was screaming in pain from the arrow in its neck, and as it rolled over..."

Round 10

The ettin had finally rolled himself over enough to get into a hands and knees position, and was oblivious to the crushed human that lay just behind him now. He heard the other two in the room, but his head was swimmy from all the blood loss and wounds. The left head had finally stopped screaming and was now silent...forever. The right head was in full control, but the left side of his body was nearly impossible to control because it had always been the job of the other head for that side of the body.

The ettin heard both attackers coming nearer, and tried to gather his strength once more...for an ettin fights to the end with all he's got. Right now, all he could do was growlingly moan (or moaningly growl) at the approaching trespassers.

OOC>>>No attack was made in this round.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #218
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

For the longest time, Sever's mind swam in the dreamworld of the surreal. Emotions and recent memories were totally gone from his thoughts for what seemed an eternity. All he knew was that he had been somewhere, and then without warning, reason, or even a tangible series of events, he was somewhere else. He wasn't even sure if he'd packed his slippers, and do keep those geese off the table while we're eating please..

An eternity, or a few seconds later, a crushing weight was slowly lifted from his body allowing blood to circulate in his brain again. With it, came the pain and the most basic realisation of what had just occured. The only thing he was conscious of was a dark, terrible mass to one side of him. The only thought he could conjure, was to move away from it.

Slowly, painfully, the near-dead thief rolled pitifully away from the thing that had injured him so. Nothing else could he do.
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #219
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

"Oh crap," the scout hurried back to his bow, sheathing his sword on the way.

"How could I have been so stupid," he muttered as he readied an arrow.

When ready, the scout will fire at the noise made by the giant.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #220
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver saw the giant getting up, then took a quick look at Sever's body, wondering if the thief was still alive. Right now however, his bigger concern was to kill the ettin. He ran towards the giant and swung his hammer at the creature's head - the one which was still alive.

OOC:
Assuming he can reach it. I thought that with the etting being in a hands an knees position, his head would be some 5 feet above ground. If not, Xaver would aim for the creature's arm.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote