Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 08:49 PM   #1
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

I have more potions that I know what to do with, they just take space an I rarely use any potions other than, the oil of speed, potion of thievery, potion of insight, and elixir of heath. Can someone tell me if they are necesarry for many battles int he future, and If i decide to leave them somewhere, where is a good place that is accesible dooring the whole game?... your resposes will be appreciated..Thanx
Old 07-15-2001, 08:57 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Some of the best ones can turn your fighters real vicous but for the most part dump them

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 09:41 PM   #3
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

can you suggest some?
Old 07-15-2001, 10:23 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

There is no place to dump them that their are accessable during the entire game unfortunatly because in certain chapters you might not be able to move around as freely. I like to use the copper coronet to store my stuff. Its a nice central place with a good shop inside and alot of npcs hang out there if you need to swap party members for some reason.

Old 07-15-2001, 10:27 PM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

ToB Spoiler.....
If you have ToB installed, you can buy potion cases which presumably, are used to store potions, much like scroll cases store scrolls. I'm not sure if they are available in SoA, but they can be bought from the people at Watcher's Keep (you have to accept the quest first before the merchant will sell stuff).
------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc

[This message has been edited by Hayashi (edited 07-15-2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 11:03 PM   #6
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Some of the most over-looked potions are Potions of Mind Focusing. They raise your Int and Dex +3 for 12 hours. Very nice for AC and Missle bonuses, as well as added Mind Flayer protection. For fighters, some of the Strength potions are handy although they only last for 10 turns(minutes). For tough fights, Potions of Invunerability are useful on front-line fighters too.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 07-15-2001, 11:04 PM   #7
dulouz
Manshoon

potions that raise your intelligence are usefull if you are a mage. when it says you have learned all the spells for a certain level due to your intelligence, gulp a potion and all the sudden with an intelligence of 20+ you can learn a few more spells per level.

dulouz
Old 07-16-2001, 05:59 AM   #8
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by dulouz:
potions that raise your intelligence are usefull if you are a mage. when it says you have learned all the spells for a certain level due to your intelligence, gulp a potion and all the sudden with an intelligence of 20+ you can learn a few more spells per level.

dulouz
Exactly what I was going to say. Keep the ones that raise your intelligence and if you have 2 or more mages in your party get them to learn all the scrolls they can. I take Nalia into my party, do her quests, buy all the scrolls i can for her to get the XP for her learning the spells, and promptly dump her and get another mage and do the same to him/her.

Also, there are a buttload of potions in the game which you can sell or use. If you dont need the gold then use the heck out of them. Most of them wont even kill you or turn you to stone. I use the heck out of them so they dont take up so much inventory space.... and theyre beneficial too. Go for it.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Earthdog (edited 07-16-2001).]
Old 07-16-2001, 09:04 AM   #9
TheDutkanator

The potion of fortitude raises your Constitution for a while. Use these before a level up to get the max amount of HP possible (even more than normal!!)

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator