Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Link
Quote:
From Reuters Oddly Enough
SYDNEY (Reuters) - A prisoner lost some 30 pounds so he could squeeze through a hole he chiseled in a brick wall and escape from a maximum security jail in Sydney.

Robert Cole, 36, who was serving time for stealing and assault, was being treated in the Long Bay prison hospital when he broke out of jail Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.

New South Wales state Corrective Services deputy commissioner Ian McLean told reporters it appeared Cole had deliberately lost weight so he could slip through the crack in the wall.

"It certainly looks like it to me," McLean said on Wednesday.

After squeezing through a small hole next to a window in the hospital wall, Cole scaled a wire fence crowned with razor wire and then walked along a prison wall, before jumping to freedom.

There were no guards on the prison wall overnight, as jail authorities relied on surveillance cameras and sensor detectors to stop night jailbreaks. Long Bay's security manager has been stood down pending an investigation, said McLean.
This was a maximum security jail... and they didn't notice or feel it necessary to repair a hole big enough for a man to climb through? Even a thin man... Sheesh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And no guards either... Good stuff guys

[ 01-19-2006, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Callum ]
Old 01-19-2006, 01:07 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

I see nothing wrong with this picture...
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:16 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] This made me laugh when i saw it on TV. Maximum security?.. Not if you're of minimal frame!..
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

This reminds me of Terry Pratchetts "Last Continent". Very much. If this had happened a few years earlier I would assume that the scene in the book was taken from this.