Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

ok...so here is a gripe thread for anyone to use. me first tho.

i flipped out today. i have had a bad 2 weeks. sickness and other stuff have just run us over.

today was food bank day. the scum of our town comes out in droves for it. some good ppl too (like me and my friend.) i parked. i park nicely, i am very careful to make sure i don't park anyone in or block their doors, and i'm nice and straight in my spot only.

when we came out carol was hungry and screaming. and there was a huge, dumpy chevy truck parked so close ont he driver side of my car that if she had been in her carseat i would not have been able to get her in. as soon as the car was loaded my friend sat in back to care for her and i went to get in front.....

i opened my door and got my finger slammed between the door and the guys side mirror! i flipped out. i turned around nad started cussing and beating ont he truck. my friend was so shocked as she watched the owner of the truck get closer and closer. she told me he was coming and i didn't care. i let the whole parking lot know how much i didn't care. i got in my car and he never said a word to me.

is it really so much to ask that people park courtiously?
Old 03-18-2004, 11:30 AM   #2
Skippy1
Elminster

Do you feel better now dear?
Old 03-18-2004, 11:54 AM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

It's good to know we are above the animals when it comes to self-control [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

When life gets you down you know what you got to do?
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
swimming swimming swihihimihing!!!

Old 03-18-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
spydar

sometimes contained violence on inanimate objects is the best thing.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #6
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

lol i feel better after beating it...cept my hand hurts. oh well. at least he'll think twice before parking that badly again.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:39 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I just have to bitch about this to somebody....In my Theater History class (I just got out of the final), the major paper for the quarter is a set of Play Diaries, an analysis of 1 play from each period under scrutiny. 6 plays, each diary worth 10 points, and you'd better turn it in on time, because 10 points are deducted for each day late. Well, it was due Friday at 10, but I only had 3 of the 6 done (very well done, though--I saw some of my classmates', and they looked quite insubstantial by comparison). So I figure, "Hey, if I'm only going to get half credit for it, at least I should be thorough about it," and proceeded to finish the assignment.

Took me a while, though, but that's understandable when you consider that some of the plays (especially Restoration era) are a bear to get through when you've got a headache--because you're sick--with strep throat and you're spewing up radioactive clouds of poisoned phlegm. Combine this with the fact that I had to work from school (because my home computer doesn't have Word, only Wordpad), and you've got a sick me walking home (1/2 an hour) night after night, at 3 in the morning. Finished the damn thing and sent it in Monday morning, only to receive the Email reply that the project actually loses 20 points per day late. Meaning, of course, that all that extra time I spent busting my ass on this thing, while sick, did nothing but drop me from a 30 to a 0. (The entire class is 300, I'll be lucky if I even pass the f'in thing now.)

The kicker? Today I explained to her that it was simple confusion on my part that let me think I could finish the project with no loss of points, and it was merely my desire to see the thing through that made me turn it in late in the first place. Result: None. Just like her rather acidic Email, she told me that she wouldn't bother to put my work on the same level as that which was turned in on time. And then, to top it off, a classmate ran in to the final, over an hour late, just as the teacher was leaving. He overslept, somebody just called him, could he still take the final?
She said yes. Meaning that he is allowed to do things late with no negative consequences, but I'll just have to learn from my experience and do better next time.

F!
Old 03-18-2004, 12:40 PM   #8
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

My gripe is my intro to literature class at 8:45am after a very, uh, busy St. Patrick's day. The education system sucks. That just shouldn't fly.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:25 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Rev! I love it when they park so close you have to squeeze into your own car or climb in from the other side. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Don't count on the guy thinking twice next time, though.

Gripes...well, the only one I have now is wishing I had more time to get things done. That and more energy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #10
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
My gripe is my intro to literature class at 8:45am after a very, uh, busy St. Patrick's day. The education system sucks. That just shouldn't fly.
Lightweight [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I partied aaaaallll night and I haven't slept yet [img]tongue.gif[/img]