Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2001, 11:33 AM   #1
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Reality Bites!

It is hard to put into words 7 days of sight-seeing, pub-crawling and theatre-going so I won't try

London is truly an amazing city! I was awestruck by it's size and diversity. I had a great time visiting with old friends and was fortunate to make a few new ones. I really encourage everyone that has not visited London to do so! It really is a city that must be seen and explored to truly understand it's rich history and culture.

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions and advice before my trip. I was fortunate enough to get around almost exclusively by the underground, but was forced to take a mini-cab from central London (Leicester Square) to Acton Town. It only cost £15 though!

The only disappointment on the trip was a trip to the countryside in Kent. I was lucky enough to meet a friend in Bromley who took me for a tour of the countryside and some of the more historic places (Darwin's house, Churchill's estate...) but all were closed due to Foot & Mouth disease. However, the drive was still worth it. Very beautiful and scenic!

Well it is not quite as poetic and inspiring as Yorick's travel essays, but that is why I am an investment analyst and not a writer

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 03-30-2001, 12:09 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Moridin, you're home safe and sound. And you did take care of yourself. I was wondering whem you would get back. I've got to go off-line now, RL is calling, but I saw your post and wanted to say welcome home. I'll e-mail you later, OK, friend.

My best,
Reeka

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death O_H_F
Lady in Waiting (the question is waiting for what?)
Yes, I do get cold. That is why I need someone to warm me up.
No, I did not lose the rest of my outfit!
Does anyone feel a draft or is it me?
Official Party Planner of the Moon's Hope Inn

Old 03-30-2001, 12:25 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Reality Bites!

It is hard to put into words 7 days of sight-seeing, pub-crawling and theatre-going so I won't try

London is truly an amazing city! I was awestruck by it's size and diversity. I had a great time visiting with old friends and was fortunate to make a few new ones. I really encourage everyone that has not visited London to do so! It really is a city that must be seen and explored to truly understand it's rich history and culture.

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions and advice before my trip. I was fortunate enough to get around almost exclusively by the underground, but was forced to take a mini-cab from central London (Leicester Square) to Acton Town. It only cost £15 though!

The only disappointment on the trip was a trip to the countryside in Kent. I was lucky enough to meet a friend in Bromley who took me for a tour of the countryside and some of the more historic places (Darwin's house, Churchill's estate...) but all were closed due to Foot & Mouth disease. However, the drive was still worth it. Very beautiful and scenic!

Well it is not quite as poetic and inspiring as Yorick's travel essays, but that is why I am an investment analyst and not a writer

WAAAAWOOOO!!
sounds fun!! such a wonder!! I want to go! you know, it is such a great exprience to visit other countries and see what people do there, and learn about their culture!! so FUN!! I've been to aulstralia for a month back then. It was GREAT trip. I stayed in Sydney most of the time, and I just love how beautiful the city truely is. People there are nice too. I remember that was the first time when I saw the light-signal-thing in the cross road. I didn't know what to do with it then , and one of the native grandma just came to me, and she told me to push the botton. Then she went on and on to explain how it works, lol. so nice! and people would just come up to me and ask me if I need help finding places, ahhh, you cannot find those people in communism country.

anyway, it is good to hear from you!

Old 03-30-2001, 12:40 PM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

Says who?! I'm inspired by your post Moridin! I'd love to hear more!

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?
"No we've seen enough of that one....."

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-30-2001, 12:48 PM   #5
Draconia

Welcome back Moridin. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and that is great. Someday, maybe I will get to go there.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-30-2001, 12:57 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Says who?! I'm inspired by your post Moridin! I'd love to hear more!

what about your travelling essay?
btw, how is Singapore, Mr. Jester?

Old 03-30-2001, 01:43 PM   #7
Rikard

Foot and Mouth disease is within 12 km of our house and about 9 km from our city
A couple of Kid's in my school got there pets killed because the were in the 2km zone of "we gonna kill everybody" because the EU doesn't wanna allowe vaccinations

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Shadowlord of the Silver Shield
Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 03-30-2001, 01:49 PM   #8
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
what about your travelling essay?
btw, how is Singapore, Mr. Jester?

Yeah Baby!

------------------

Grrrr!
Old 03-30-2001, 01:55 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
Yeah Baby!

heh... errr huh?
Old 03-30-2001, 02:05 PM   #10
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Hi Moridin!

Glad you enjoyed it in London - Why didn't you tell me and Charlie etc....

We could've all gone out for a drink together!

I hope you did miss out any "big" attractions (well there're not big for me - just boring! - But for you!)

Did you see Madame Tussaud? The Planetarium?
Chessington? Trafalgar Square? Buckingham Palace?

By the way - as you've probably noticed - Leicester Square is London's little *CHINATOWN* , I go there four times a week for shopping: I only lived 5 minutes walk away!!

Yeah, London is a great place for those who haven't seen it. But for me who has lived here for over 10 years I would *love* to visit your hometowns just the same - We are all the same here.

PS: Ways to get around London are by Tube (Underground trains) or Bus, I hate the Tube because it usually makes me late for school!

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.