Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Default Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, July 11, 2008

Previous Cafe is here
Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Last edited by Cloudbringer; 07-11-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, July 11, 2008

Happy Friday everyone!

Although I'm looking forward to the weekend, it's going to be a working weekend for us. We're painting our living room....have to keep the cats locked up of course.. this could be interesting... we'll see if I'm still coherent by Monday!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Ahoy all.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbringer View Post
Happy Friday everyone!

Although I'm looking forward to the weekend, it's going to be a working weekend for us. We're painting our living room....have to keep the cats locked up of course.. this could be interesting... we'll see if I'm still coherent by Monday!
Well good luck with that, and I hope you've fixed the gravity anomaly since last time I popped in.

Our weekend should be an interesting one; the cat has had her thyroid op (last week) and the stitches were taken out yesterday, so she is allowed into the garden again this weekend - she's been trying to get out any way she can for the last week so expecting her to go slightly mental once we let her out the door. Be a relief too, somewhat of a struggle to get in and out of the front door without her nipping through this week.

She has a big scar on her chest still (obviously) and every time I look at it I think that there is no way I would be up and about as much, and as fast, as she has been if I had an equivalent one.

And only a week and a bit to go before the kids break up for the summer, wonder if I can hang out in the cafe for 6 weeks whilst they do the usual - little bit like "Cry havoc! and let slip the kids once more"...

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

New day, new cafe... ahhh... *there's* the endless M&M jar! Who would have thunk it would have slid behind those old newspapers.

It's a good day... eye doctor says my eyeballs have recovered nicely from several days of intense lubrication (which sounds fun in oh so many ways that are oh so wrong), and I'll be putting in my contacts later on today. I can hardly wait...

Just lock the kitties in with an open bag of catnip, Cloudy... or is it an open can of paint? No matter... either way, they'll be zoned by the time you're done

Glad your cat's back in action, UV. Our dog's getting a replacement hip in a couple of weeks... I can only hope he's back to sorts relatively quickly, 'cause he's 77 pounds. That makes me the only one who can easily lift him up to go outside to go wee...

*sits back in the corner, happily munching from the Endless M&M Jar....*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Someone just sent me this video link... cube safe, this time...

-+-+-+
Old 07-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
Just lock the kitties in with an open bag of catnip, Cloudy... or is it an open can of paint? No matter... either way, they'll be zoned by the time you're done
There ya go, Cloudy. Lock the kitties in a room full of catnip for one hour, then take them out, set them down in the paint.....

Then turn on a flashlight and run it back and forth across the walls! You'll have a unique and ultra-contemporary paint job that is sure to increase the value of your home.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

ROTFLMAO! I'm glad no one else was home to hear me laughing at that one!

Thanks, Cerek!

On a more positive note, I happened to see MarioKart for the Wii at Target today. We've got one "arriving", and I've been hoping to play MK on it... my kids got me addicted, honest!
-+-+-+
Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
On a more positive note, I happened to see MarioKart for the Wii at Target today. We've got one "arriving", and I've been hoping to play MK on it... my kids got me addicted, honest!
That's the great thing about having kids. I can always claim THEY are the ones that got me hooked on the video games. LOL. Of course, the fact that I spent practically every DIME of my college money in the arcade had nothing to do with it at all.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I didn't spend every dime at the arcade... I could play Double Dragon for a good 40 minutes on one quarter
-+-+-+