Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

What exactly does it add to GW that you cannot get with GW alone?

Factions FTW or FTL?
Old 04-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Factions has been fantastic for me and I have seen many IW's on so that's why there are not many reports LOL we are all to busy playing.

Pros:
1. New Missions types
2. HEAPS of new content
3. 2 new classes
4. HEAPS of new skills
5. HEAPS of new weapons
6. New Guild halls
Cons
1. Everyone is playing the 2 new classes so groups are a bit unbalanced at the moment.
2. a few little bugs in the missions but all have been fixed quickly.

It really is a great expansion to the game or a great stand along game if you don't have the original.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Me is sad. Factions itself is delayed in Croatia until next friday, no news on the CE. And I want the CE. Well, maybe this will help with my exams next week? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

But did you get a copy of the pre-order disk ? My factions CE is delayed till Friday as well but because I had the Headstart CD I could still play all weekend.

BTW if you have a character that is 12 months old you will get a birthday present!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
But did you get a copy of the pre-order disk ? My factions CE is delayed till Friday as well but because I had the Headstart CD I could still play all weekend.

BTW if you have a character that is 12 months old you will get a birthday present!
Really? Wow! I wish I had a char that was 12 months old. Hehehe

I'll get factions as soon as it comes out here.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I didn't get it until friday and then played all weekend. built two characters and got one up to level 13 and the other up to level 9 and I'm enjoying the assassen the best so far.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah The birthday presents are cool. You get a mini character.

Mini Prince Rurik, Mini Charr, bone dragons, shiro, war turtles, necrid hosemen. They look AWSOME!
Old 05-02-2006, 02:16 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The game is awesome. I got to level 20 in 2 days and now I'm busy working on the missions and exploring.

I took my Canthan ranger to Droknar and I'm now trying to cap Barrage in Iron mine of moladune, because in the Canthan missions you're often up against mobs of ennemies and I really need an AOE. There aren'T many people doing the old missions anymore.

[ 05-02-2006, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 05-02-2006, 03:35 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well I may get it in hopes that it will revamp my motivation to actually play GW. I dunno wtf is wrong with me...I can't get into this game at all and I've had it for months now. Some things that irk me about GW are:

The pathing. It just annoys me...I tell my char to attack a mob by clicking on the mob and he walks through a barrier for a second and then decides that's illegal and kind of 'blinks' back to place to find a legitimate way around. And I can't jump either. I know, I know...it's a stupid thing to get frustrated about but somehow it does irritate me to have to steer around every bush and shrub and small stone after years of playing MMO's that actually allow jumping. The camera is confusing and almost dizzying at times. Are there any particular settings I can select to change these issues?

Not enough diverse classes. Until Factions, GW seemed very caster-heavy as far as classes go. There is only one melee class. I am hoping Assassin has really changed that.

Don't get me wrong. There are some things I like, that push me to not rule out GW as a new, potential addiction:

The interface is really sleek and modern. I love how it's resizable and movable etc.
And way combat is handled is almost turn-based but it's real-time. I like it because it prevents things like "ganking" like in WoW where you could be hit two times and you're dead. This works in PvE and PvP for me.

Only 20 levels which now, in my "old age" of playing MMO's is good news for me. I tire of grinds.

Ah well, I'll see what happens.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ya know, in real life today, I went to the lake, and gee, I thought I'd jump in (its hot here in Florida) so I go to jump in, and I slam into some damn invisible barrier! WTF's up with that?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote