Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2001, 10:30 AM   #11
Lord Shield

I agree. Best to let it rest. You may not even get a true answer because:

1) if the split was bad she will try for a cheap shot

2) if the split was amicable she will try to make you feel good (yes I loved you but you could find some better, blah de blah)

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-20-2001, 04:43 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Bahamut - my advice is to let it go. Whichever answer you get you are going to be upset. If she says she didn't have the same feelings as you did you will feel betrayed and if she said she had those feelings but that she felt you were not so keen you will be equally disappointed.

It's time to move on. Be thankful for the experience and learn from it.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-20-2001, 05:00 AM   #13
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Dear friend. Be sure that you really are ready for thi. For surly her answer can hurt in more ways than not..
if she breaks you in two withsaying that it´s not meant to be, the pain might be passing, and add a closeure to this love and affectio of yours..
But what if she says that under other cicumstances it might actually be right? Will your love than reawaken and will you then murn that things are not to the nest for you?

Her answer can be a trauma so, if you really feel that you need the answer, seek it, but be sure you really want it..

Best of luck to you friend!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 08-20-2001, 12:52 PM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

First of all, I have phobias, but never did I really get ever traumatized with this kind of situation. Second is that she never gives me the answer that I want.

Maybe I can, but Hes is right, I think I should make a situation that I could fire up the question smoothly. I think I will not be able to ask her anymore... I mean, she has her life blahblah. Even though I can say my love for her has already numbed out my pain toward her and even if she gave me the meanest baddest answer the world has ever seen it won't hurt me as much as it did before. Why would I even think of it anyway if I wasn't prepared for the worst... that is my forte.

Now, my question is, what kind of freaking situation is sooo perfect for questions like these???

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-20-2001, 02:37 PM   #15
oldbittercraig
Elminster

From someone who has been there before, just let it go and move on, as hard as it is.

If you ask the question, neither answer will bring you any peace.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:09 PM   #16
Conan

A word said at the right time;
is like an apple on a silver platter
a nail placed just in the right spot
A bit in a horses mouth being able to steer it in any direction.
... but you wont know unless its said. Envy brings strife but a calm word... so nice

------------------
*\Conan/*

Old 08-20-2001, 03:30 PM   #17
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I say ask her. If she's cruel enough to tell you you were nothing to her, you know she was a complete waste of your time. If she tells you the opposite. Than there might still be a potential for something between you. You'll have to decide the out yourself. You can ask her at any place you want, but make sure the two of you will be alone. That's the main thing ALONE.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-20-2001, 06:42 PM   #18
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

another thing for the sake of the argument!! maybe if she really loved you in the first place, then she should be the one chasing YOU not you chasing her all the time... another 2 cents

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 08-20-2001, 07:15 PM   #19
Hesperex

If you are going to go with the suggestion imade ealier in the thread then in answer to your second question. You will know when the right situation arises. Thats it really you will just know!

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 08-21-2001, 09:53 AM   #20
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

These things really can happen when your set of friends are different form hers. I mean my guy friends don't really talk with her like I do.. meaning a lot? Or if they do, who would give a damn about me anyway? No, actually she would kind of lie or something. It is so weird. Sometimes I wish I can just stalk her or scare her to death enough to tell everything... this whole thing is making me feel uncomfortable. I am okay now, and I will be okay whatever happens. OR...

What about if I kind of tell all the things I do and how I really cared about her if she just given me the chance I would take care of her etc. At least with THAT approach, nothing is lost, and I will be happy either way. All she has to do is what? say thank you like she does all the time.. what do you think?

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this