Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-28-2001, 09:48 AM   #261
Davros
Takhisis Follower

C'mon, a tea over here for Cloudy, and another Bundy for me please. Now tell me about NY my dear. If you were visiting from the land of OZ and had one day to see it all,what is not to be missed.
Davr
Old 03-28-2001, 09:49 AM   #262
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I´m afrid you´re right about that manual thing Gray Mage, and BK, are you into masochism?? I´m not, don´t like the hurting part, might be I care to much about it all.. That´s why I´m so pissed because usually I don´t give a damn about people or anything, (thats why I´m great at parties, can talk about everything and I wont start flirting with my friends GF´s..) so usually if I see a nice girl, well O´m last to see her cause thats somebody elses problem. Now though it seems my heart has awakened with all the sun out.. Well lets see what this can bring..

------------------

Only the moon should hear my wail..
Old 03-28-2001, 09:49 AM   #263
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Casual? Hehehe, This is just my morning casual wear, I'll retire back upstairs and dress for the day soon, But for now, even if I'm not casually dressed in RL, I can be here!

KDog: HAHAHA...well that's a relief..that you don't got to work dressed like that! LOL I know what you mean, though. I change the instant I get into my house...no shoes and all comfy stuff.

Well, I'm going to type up the flyers for our visiting job candidate now...anyone else not know what the heck this title means? : "Integrals, Container-Content Relations and the Role of Number"....Yes, that's the lecture title...an yes I did type that correctly...darned Linguists...gotta learn to speak academic in a version we can follow!

CloudReaper

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-28-2001, 09:49 AM   #264
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hi all,

Bundy and coke please mate. What's that - a googly Grey Mage - well it does the opposite of what you expect and is nowhere near where you are swingin the bat. Sort of a sinkin slidin of speed curve ball - very nasty surprise. And yes, I see Memmie explained how the mighty Aussies returned to form today.

Davros

Okay, One Bundy and coke. Err, what's a Bundy? Is is a beer or a type of alcohol, like a rum and coke? Thanks, mate. And don't listen to CB, the morning shift would never do that . . .

------------------
The Laughing Black Storm Cloud of the Night and PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Old 03-28-2001, 09:51 AM   #265
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there Davros! Sorry , didn´t see you there! Whats up?

Hi Cloudy!

------------------

Only the moon should hear my wail..
Old 03-28-2001, 09:55 AM   #266
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Well, I'm going to type up the flyers for our visiting job candidate now...anyone else not know what the heck this title means? : "Integrals, Container-Content Relations and the Role of Number"....Yes, that's the lecture title...an yes I did type that correctly...darned Linguists...gotta learn to speak academic in a version we can follow!

CloudReaper

Sounds like a lovely discussion of a second level Calculus course involving Area/Volumn and what the numbers themselves mean. . .

Oh, and WOLFGIR, geesh, a bartender tries to interject a little humor . . . picks up women . . . a Homonym . . . refers to the size of their barrels as well as their character . . . riiiight . . .

BK

------------------
The Laughing Black Storm Cloud of the Night and PartTime Bartender of Moon Hope's Inn
Old 03-28-2001, 09:55 AM   #267
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Thanks BK - Bundy (or Bundaberg) is a rum (top of the class) - been the drink of choice for me for a long time now. What's with the warning about Cloudie - is she not a bright and cheery morning person - what's that, more Nimbo that Cumulus until she has had her tea. We better get her some quickly.

Davros
Old 03-28-2001, 09:56 AM   #268
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:

Memnoch, Thanks for the explanation, so a googily is like a pitch in american baseball, or am I off base there(no pun intended)

Well, in cricket the "pitcher" is actually called a bowler, and he bowls the ball (completes a delivery) by holding it in his hand, running up to the pitch (the batting strip if you like) and while keeping his elbow straight bowls the ball in an overhead motion. You are not allowed to throw the ball.

So a googly, like a flipper of offcutter or leg break or inswinger or yorker is just a type of delivery!

Hard to believe I grew up in Cincinnati watching the Reds, eh?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-28-2001, 10:02 AM   #269
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Buy this dude a drink, he powered Australia to victory (only their 2nd on tour believe it or not).

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-28-2001, 10:05 AM   #270
Gray Mage
Banned User

Memnoch, Now I understand, that part anyway, maybe another time you can explain scoring. And I'll biy that drink, for that dude...

Bk, maybe I'll try a Bundy too.

Davros, welcome to the insanity, and thanks for the explanation. So tell us about you......

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"