Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Question Mark

Whats up with Rakshasas? They have -9 AC and are immune to magic energy? I managed to slow one so i could hurl MMM at her, but only on criticals would I do some damage to her. Whats a good strat against them? Im a level 12 sorcerer now in the Druid Grove.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:58 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I believe I went in and allowed them to cast their spells than left the building before taking alot of damage, healed up then went in again, hacked away at them, using stone skin on my mages, haste, and bosted my own party with spells, and strength potions.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 06:19 PM   #3
D*Ranged

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
Whats up with Rakshasas? They have -9 AC and are immune to magic energy? I managed to slow one so i could hurl MMM at her, but only on criticals would I do some damage to her. Whats a good strat against them? Im a level 12 sorcerer now in the Druid Grove.
Found any good weapons and party members capable of wielding some great weapons? Or are you soloing?
Old 11-05-2002, 06:35 PM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

2nd edition stats for a rakasha can be found here:
http://www.phonon.net/pub/adnd/monster/mm00247.htm
Old 11-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #5
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

IF you have tob u can use certain sorcer ablities casue i got one and sorcers rock!!
spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If u do have tob and have dragonbreath it destroys them in one shot also try leavng that for a while and procedding just a little further to three guys guarding the duird thron. Kill them and one has a pretty decent club for that level in the game. Also prismatic spray desnt work on them so dont try it. Use as many lowwer resistances as possible and get them with simple spells like cone of cold and magic missle. I alo ofund with a relitvly low resistance they takea good amount of damage agianst minute meterors.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:34 PM   #6
BlackJack21
The Magister

That would work except that he is level 12.
BlackJack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 07:42 PM   #7
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack21:
That would work except that he is level 12.
No, it wouldn't work. Rakshasa are immune to most spells, up to level 8 i think. Mostly just summon stuff. Sword spiders can hit them for some reason, although they wont be affected by web, so you will need something tanky to take damage for them.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:45 PM   #8
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Yeah but u guys are forgetting i said to use lower resistance! Tht works trust me if ur able to have a well protected guy attack will absorbing the spells u can work away on degrading the defensees of the Rakasha with ur Sorcer.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:18 AM   #9
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
Yeah but u guys are forgetting i said to use lower resistance! Tht works trust me if ur able to have a well protected guy attack will absorbing the spells u can work away on degrading the defensees of the Rakasha with ur Sorcer.
You seem to be missing the point. Lower resist WILL NOT WORK on rakshasas. When you cast it on one you will (should) get the message, "Rakshasa: Spell Ineffective" There is no solution other than using level 9 spells, or smacking them up with your "Stick o' Justice" (AKA SotM) or any other magical weapon.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 02:19 AM   #10
Ghostalker
Dungeon Master

the 1st mention of 'Rakshasas' was in the Ramayana which is an age-old folklore of my country, which was written somewhere in the B.C,the Rakshasas were described as a breed of demonic hellspawns which thrived on devouring human flesh, also the elven city attackers the Maha-rajahs (rakshasas) mean Great-King in hindi, so Id like to know what are characters from Indian Folklore doing in BG2 ??
Ghostalker is offline   Reply With Quote