Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2000, 12:49 AM   #1
Adhrael

I have two problems:
1.- After I kill the dopplegangers in the Seven Suns, Scar asks me to investigate the sewers. I do this, but when I return to the Flaming Fistīs Base, I canīt find him again.

2.- When I speak to Ordulinian in Halbazzer Drinnīs magic shop (after killing Nemphre and Arkion) he says that gives me a cloak, but actually I donīt get anything from him. I think the first time I played the game he gave me a cloak of protection +2, but Iīm not sure.

Please help me...
Old 05-27-2000, 06:22 AM   #2
Moggl

Is there any chance you don't have the patch installed? In TOTSC v.5512, Halbazzer's dialogue has been corrected. (the lock of nymph's hair will get you the cloak)

Scar should be in front of the flaming fist building.
Old 06-08-2000, 11:43 AM   #3
Adhrael

Moggl:
Thanks, youīre right in Halbazerīs problem but...
I have started another game and Scar still doesnīt appear. I kill all the dopplers, talk with the guy and return to Scar. He gives me money and sends me to the sewers. When I return, he isnīt anywhere.
Thanks again
Old 06-08-2000, 11:50 AM   #4
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

I suppose you've also looked INSIDE the FF-HQ? He actually should be there. If you have looked there, it might be a bug: on the BGC-forum I've read the same problem you have several times before. The only escape is to reload, or you should just forget about this quest.
BTW, you haven't been to Candle Keep before searching Scar, have you? Because he's dead by then
Old 06-23-2002, 01:19 PM   #5
Colin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm having a problem finding Scar at all. The guards tell me he's inside or just outside the Flaming Fist HQ but he's nowhere to be seen. I've checked my journal and I definitely have not yet spoken to him.

Will re-installing the game definitely bring him back? What happens I choose to do the sewer quest without being told to do it? Am I ultimately going to have to re-load anyway?

Thanks,
Colin.
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 03:11 PM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

I'm not sure what you mean - have you not met Scar at all during your game? Or is it just after the sewer quest that he isn't there?

Regardless, I think you should re-install the game, making sure to keep your saved game file, and see if that makes a difference - it often helps. Or you could take a look at Bioware and see if they have any patches that fix this kind of problem.
Old 06-23-2002, 07:06 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Scar shouldn't be anywhere except right in front of the FF HQ, or right inside the front hallway. If it's Chapter 5, and you haven't finished all of his quests, it's a definite bug. You'd be justified in hacking in another Scar: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Scar") , but getting the patch to prevent any future occurrences, is an even better idea.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:26 PM   #8
Debaser

I remember encountering the same bug last time i was playing through the game...i think i just gave up on finding him and let the quest go.

SixofSpades, that is a good idea (using the CLUA Console to conjure Scar up). the question i have about that is, will his dialogue be alright, as in, will he recognize everything you have said before and be ready to give you credit for what you have done since speaking to him? or will it be a Scar that "cannot be spoken to" or something like that?
Old 07-01-2002, 04:35 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
will his dialogue be alright, as in, will he recognize everything you have said before and be ready to give you credit for what you have done since speaking to him? or will it be a Scar that "cannot be spoken to" or something like that?
I've never had that problem (or any similar one) as far as I can recall, but hey, at least it's worth a shot. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2002, 01:40 AM   #10
Colin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay. Thanks for the suggestions!
-Colin.
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote