Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 01:26 AM   #1
perk31
Manshoon

SPOILERS

I've cleaned out everything in the underdark except for the drow city. I had the spell cast on the party from the silver dragon and I'm able to gain entry into the drow city; however, once I'm in the city everyone is hostile. I've tried this about five times with the same results. I do not have ToB installed but I am fully patched for SOA.

Anyone know what my problem is?
Old 11-21-2004, 02:47 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

YOu may want to make sure you have the Baldurdash fixpack as well. It can be found here

Hope this helps
Old 11-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
What do you say when you enter the city? How long did it take you to go from Adalon's lair to the drow city? Did you dawdle *at all* inside the drow city?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:14 AM   #4
perk31
Manshoon

I have the baldurdash fixes installed as well.

I went directly to the drow city after leaving the dragon. In fact, I reloaded a save game from when I entered the underdark and proceeded immediately to the dragon. I'm not sure if I should see anything when the spell is cast but I don't.

When I went to the drow city the guard along the path is hostile but the gate guard still lets me in. He sees me as drow and tells me to go meet Solaufein. Once again, as soon as I enter the city everyone is hostile. I just killed everyone and moved on to chapter 6.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:39 AM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

The guards on the path are always hostile so that is normal, and I've hacked them to pieces in front of the gate guard with no ill-effects. So that probably eliminates those two events from being the cause of your problem here
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #6
Riftmaker
Elminster

Did you pick the correct dialogue options?

Are you SURE the illusion is still active when you go into the Drow city?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:23 AM   #7
perk31
Manshoon

I did not have any dialogue options. Viconia tells the guard what city we are from and he lets us in. As soon as we are in the city everyone is hostile, so I'm assuming the illusion is not active; however, I could never tell that an illusion was present.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:58 AM   #8
Feral
Elminster

If the illusion is active, the paper doll on your inventory screen is drow (dark skin, etc.).

What did Viconia say to the guard? In my (admittedly not as vast as some) experience, that dialogue is for the protagonist and, if you don't introduce yourself as Veldrin from Ched Nassad, you're toast.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:04 PM   #9
perk31
Manshoon

Well the paper doll was never drow. The gate guard initiated conversation but I never had an opportunity to respond. Viconia says I must act strong and then takes over the conversation.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:33 PM   #10
Riftmaker
Elminster

Ok, when you go into the underdark...

You usually..

A) Talk to the Druegar.

B) Do all the little side quest thingies BEFORE turning into Drow.

C) Go get the light gem from the Gnomes.

D) Go to Adalon and make a deal with her. She casts an illusion on you that turns you into drow.

E) You leave and go to the drow city, and have a dialogue with the Guard. Viconia will take over if you're male (IIRC).