Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2003, 04:30 AM   #1
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Just finally got an installable version of SoA, so i can again play SoA/ToB, and i was thinking of taking a party through both. I've tried Aerie's romance (except ToB) and was wondering, does installing ToB and all the patches fix the Jahiera romance in SoA? If it doesn't, i tihnk i'll take Aerie, and see what her romance is liek in ToB.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 09:36 AM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

just finished ToB through SoA last weekend, with all the patches...
Jaheira romance works perfectly...

and one of the reasons I went through it again is to say {spolier} to Jaheira in the end ^^!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 04:23 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by White Lancer:
.....does installing ToB and all the patches fix the Jahiera romance in SoA?
In my experience, NO. Nothing fixes Jaheira's Quest or Romance, except going in there yourself with the CLUA Console and giving her a boot to the head every time she gets stuck.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:57 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I dunno Six... I mean... I managed to finish her romance flawlessly the one time I did it. I believe it is a matter of how you do her quests that matters more.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:55 PM   #5
Kezardin
Elminster

White Lancer,

Including my current game, I've completed the SOA portion of the Jaheira romance about 6 times successfully.

Havn't used any special 'romance' fixes - just official patch and Baldurdash fixpack.
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:08 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

I only played through her romance once, and had no problems. In fact, I have not had a problem with any romance. I have heard of the bugs with Jaheira's romance, though; I just haven't been bit by them.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 03:15 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Let me describe my current game:
My PC is a Male Cavalier with awesome stats. We zipped through Chapters 1-3, as Caedmon wanted to free Imoen as quickly as possible. We saved Renfeld, but told Xzar to go suck on the wrong end of a turtle or something. Jaheira and I share a few Lovetalks (and flirts) all through Chapter 6, but nothing serious. On our return to Athkatla, we visit the Graveyard (Nalis has to go to a funeral & everything), and Bodhi did not take Jaheira--lucky me, as I didn't want to face Improved Bodhi minus a party member. That idiot, Xzar, is still standing in the rain waiting for us, so we take pity on him and do his quest. Kill a couple of Zhents, watch another get stabbed, all in a day's work for this Paladin. A few Lovetalks later, I'm wondering when Meronia is going to show up. We get Jaheira cursed & uncursed, the Lovetalks stop, and still no Meronia. In desperation, I sleep outdoors, and get the bandit scenario (Note: This is the farthest I've ever gotten in the Jaheira romance). After that gets taken care of, I give the correct dialogue responses and all is well. Until our next Lovetalk, of course, when I find that any conversation with Jaheira (She initiates flirt, I initiate flirt, she initiates Lovetalk) gets kicked to the "You've just had your throat cut by bandits" conversation. And STILL no Meronia.

Luckily, I had a Save-game archived only a few days previously, when I wanted to see if killing Firkraag on your first meeting really DOES screw up the Paladin stronghold (it doesn't). Tonight, I'm going to sleep outdoors again and hope that Jaheira doesn't get stuck on the Bandit dialogue this time. Oh, and there's STILL no Meronia, by the way.

[ 08-06-2003, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 08-06-2003, 05:49 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I think the troubles all began when you rejected Xzar. It must have messed up the script somehow. Like it or not... Jaheira's Quest is intertwined with her Romance. To skip the quest or do it wrongly is to mess up the romance as well. I notice you did not mention helping the Harpers or Baron's Ployer's Curse. They all help contribute to Jaheira's romance.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:44 PM   #9
Lord Draco
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Keep looking through the posts somewhere in here there is a pos that helps alot gives you a walk through of the love dialogs.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:19 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I think the troubles all began when you rejected Xzar. It must have messed up the script somehow. Like it or not... Jaheira's Quest is intertwined with her Romance. To skip the quest or do it wrongly is to mess up the romance as well. I notice you did not mention helping the Harpers or Baron's Ployer's Curse. They all help contribute to Jaheira's romance.
[img]tongue.gif[/img] Read my post again, Dundee--I *did* do Xzar's quest and help the Harpers; I just didn't do so until Chapter 6. And yes, I did mention Ployer (we did him in Chapter 6 as well). I knew that her Quest and Romance are linked--but even so, both have stopped cold. Perhaps Meronia not showing up to take Jaheira to the Harper Hold is what's causing Jaheira to get stuck on that one bit of dialogue.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Draco:
Keep looking through the posts somewhere in here there is a pos that helps alot gives you a walk through of the love dialogs.
I appreciate the thought, but the romance dialogues are NOT the problem. The problem is that Jaheira's Quest and Romance are buggy as hell: Knowing the correct dialogue responses is utterly useless if you can never even get to the dialogues in the first place.

Update: After reloading my archived Save and playing up to where I left off, my party was again ambushed by bandits, and I again offered myself as the throat-cutting stand-in. After the scuffle, Jaheira once again refused to say anything to me, so I talked to her, and found that we were right back in that old "Are....are you all right" dialogue trap I descibed earlier.