Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-19-2004, 12:04 AM   #11
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
We have had some top snowfalls this weekend Lady blue. How about lending us that snow board since you will not be using it for a while [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Not a chance! My snowboard is my baby! I'll give it to you if you buy me a new one with bindings of equal value $600 plz Plus I've heard from several Aussies that come here to board that the snow really sucks there! My baby only rides the freshest

And anyway, the snow should be back here in about 4 or 5 months, with any luck!
Old 07-19-2004, 01:35 AM   #12
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Well, today was fun. As I mentioned in a previous cafe post I couldn't sleep last night. I was finally able to get some sleep at 4:30am and slept for about 2 hours. Got up, took a shower, got ready for parking team at the church. The morning went pretty much as usual. Cars come in, we tell em where to park. Well just a few minutes after the second service lets out, some nice dark clouds decide to do the same. Keep in mind we still don't have panchos yet. So yeah, basically I got soaked. It was fun, though. Came home and crashed for a couple hours. The rest is same old boring stuff. Got back into Morrowind a bit, played some DungeonSiege when I was bored with Morrowind, and ended off with one of my favorite NES RPG's Crystalis. (yeah that's right, I still have a working NES)

Anyways right now, I'm trying to keep my mind from getting so scattered so I can get to sleep a little easier tonight. I'm listening to some awesome guitar player guy named Joe Satriani. Definately good stuff.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 07-19-2004, 01:56 AM   #13
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

'lo all
Been a fun afternoon for me today [img]smile.gif[/img]

Went into town to meet my friend for lunch; I get there and give her a call to find where she is and she tells me she got called into work till 3pm... grr... so I got 3 hours to waste.

Start off by going and laying down the money for my new snowboard boots http://www.burton.com/Burton/gear/pr...p?productID=53 and bindings http://www.burton.com/Burton/gear/pr...p?productID=33
had a choice of black or black for both which wasn't exactly what I wanted but end of the day they's gonna do the job and they's gonna do the job good Also picked up some wax and a new scraper.

After dropping my purchases back at John Bulls (My work is two doors down from the snowboard shop) I still had time to kill... Went to Smiths City (small dept store place I used to work at) to check for a new cellphone and to catch up with all my mates down there. 1 hour left...

Wandered back down to Onboard (snowboard shop) and chilled with Selena till time was gone. Cool chick, she'd just got back from Wanaka and the Burton NZ snowboard open so she was filling me in on the whole scene, def gonna have to make my way there next year [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways... hooked up with Tomo and went and downed a few beers at C1 coffee shop and talked the day away. Grabbed fish 'n chips on the way home which I'm finishing off as I type and they're bloody good

-------

From what I've heard snow at Thredbo and Mt Buller leave a lot to be desired Snow in Aotearoa at the mo though is getting better every day... another dump last night and still dropping, nice soft powder stuff Trying to hook up someone to throw gas money at for next week but no luck so far, gonna make it happen for sure though, can't wait to try out my new gears [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2004, 02:51 AM   #14
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Keep spending like ya have been the last week and ya won't have enough money to come over and board the pow in Utah like you said you wanted to [img]tongue.gif[/img] Guess Em and I will surf the back country without you!
Old 07-19-2004, 02:58 AM   #15
Downunda

I'll be there babe, even if I have to sell my body, I'll be there [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2004, 03:05 AM   #16
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
I'll be there babe, even if I have to sell my body, I'll be there [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Hmm, like I said, looks like we'll be boarding without you
Old 07-19-2004, 04:03 AM   #17
Downunda

OUCH! You really know how to hurt a guy Gonna go cry myself to sleep now
Old 07-19-2004, 05:58 AM   #18
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Wooo hooooo, how you all doin'???
Orange finally got some snow, it wasnt much, but it was enough to build snowmen on the car and drive home.
Its great that everyone is talking about snow, because I get to go on the school's ski trip in about 4 weeks, so where else is it snowing?
Its only snowing in the really high parts around here, but apparently Thredbo is packed with snow, I just hope it satys that way.

Anyway, havnt visited the Cafe for a while, who's still bieng slave drivin by Cloudy? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2004, 09:38 AM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
I'm listening to some awesome guitar player guy named Joe Satriani. Definately good stuff.
Joe is definitely a guitar genius. If you're enjoying his music, check out Steve Vai and Eric Johnson as well. All guitar virtuosos, with slightly different approaches. The differences? Well, Eric sings and can, Joe sings and probably shouldn't, and Steve doesn't bother singing

I picked up a CD a couple of years ago that featured all three of them in concert... each of them solo for three songs, and then three songs with all of them together. Good stuff... [img]smile.gif[/img] in fact, that made me go dig it out to listen to today. It's called "G3 - Live in Concert".
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:26 AM   #20
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good morning. We had Galadria's Mustard-Tarragon Chicken last night, so good it would make Brillat-Savarin weep, with a nice Chilean wine, chardonnay.