Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2006, 01:51 AM   #11
Ultra Marine
The Magister

I agree with krunchyfrogg. How many have actually played F/M/T?
Ultra Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #12
Aerich
Lord Ao

I have. It levels up like a snail on normal, especially when you hit about lvl 9, where the fighter class needs twice its current XP to get to lvl 10 (250 K for lvl 9, 500 K for lvl 10). It's better on higher levels, but understandably will still lag behind the party.

To me, a F/M/T in a full party is essentially a support character. It can be the only thief in the party, but you're asking a lot if you want it to be a main melee character or the main mage.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #13
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Exactly my point, Aerich.

I love having a FMT in a party acting as the only thief and as an archer.

Of course, elf is recommended, but be careful with an elf since they're tough to bring back to life.

Oh yeah, I play on Insane anyway, it's more fun, and I like to see my guys advance.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #14
Ultra Marine
The Magister

I think, it has its good and bad.

Levels slow. Low HP. Low level mage.

Excellent thief/scout, disarms with invisible.

Bow skills is comparable to a paladin. At below 1m exp, the FMT's bow tacho is still same as the pal. I believe the pal's bow skill will overtake the FMT only somewhere between 2-3m exp. So, the FMT will still hit a lot.

The highter the difficulty the better the FMT.

Most of this summarized from this thread. Hope I'm right comparing an elf FMT vs the Pal. Its been some time since I've played IWD1.
Ultra Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #15
ister
Drow Warrior

I've played it on core. And I still think you're much better off specializing the character a bit. You want a mage who is a good archer? Get F/M. You want a thief who is an archer? F/T. Backup mage who takes care of thieving? T/M.

If you have 6 party memebers there is no good reason to try to have one character do 4 different things. Have someone else pick up some of the slack for goodness sake.
\" Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.\"<br />JFK
ister is offline   Reply With Quote