Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-08-2000, 10:01 PM   #1
Lora

I met the guy in the southeast corner to help rescue the maidens daughter, but I killed him while under the influence, during the battle that insued..When I went back to the city, all the Drows attcked...but I looks like I saved over my last good save and i will have to go WAYYYY back to start again...Tell me it isn't so!

Old 12-08-2000, 10:09 PM   #2
antaren420

you should be able to still do what needs to be done. however you choose to do it, your ultimate goal is to help out that silver dragon. i dont want to spoil anything, so just look in your journal and then go looking for what the dragon wants. you have several ways you can deal with the drow: you can cooperate, and later decieve them to get the eggs, you can double cross the maiden your working for to get them (and wreck a bit of havack) but this requires you to think a bit, or you can just kill everyone and take what you want.

this is with the assumption that you even what to help the dragon. you can always kill her and just fight your way out of the underdark, helping the dragon is not necessary, but you can laugh with the number of ways you can decieve the matron mother, the maiden your working for, and the dragon herself. i suggest doing the drow city again.

Old 12-08-2000, 10:54 PM   #3
Armisael

Your ultimate goal is simply to escape from the Underdark. You don't even need to go near the silver dragon, just find the exit in the Kuo Toa dungeon.

Old 12-09-2000, 12:55 AM   #4
Magnus Magnificent

Possible Spoil*******
I found the exit I believe you are talking about. You can bribe the Drow with a donation for his house. I didn't leave yet, because I wanted to finish the UD. Can you come back in the same way? I would love to go get some weapons forged and come back!

Old 12-09-2000, 01:03 PM   #5
Glorick the Half-Orc

I'm not sure your question was answered, so I'll do it - yes, you can finish, you have two choices:

1. Kill every drow in the city and you will find the Silver Dragons Eggs.
2. Kill the Silver Dragon.

The problem is you lose all the fun plot. When I finished, I went around killing every drow anyway, so I got both - plot and drow destruction!

Old 12-09-2000, 01:11 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The drow being hostile just makes everything more inconvenient as you have to fight everyone, but you can still get out of the underdark, you might miss out on some valuable XP from quests but you can still meet your objectives.
Old 12-09-2000, 04:36 PM   #7
Morninglord

What do we learn from this, other than what everyone have already said? =)

NEVER just rely on one single save.

Old 12-09-2000, 05:52 PM   #8
Lora

Thanks for all your suggestions..what is use of playing the game if you do't do the quests?...so I went back to my really old save and will be back where i started in a day or two. I'm just so damn uncomfortable underground.I want to go back to the city and visit an inn...