Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-13-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
Aenoroc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got a couple of questions:

1.When playing SOA last year, I downloaded those 2 extra merchants (found originally as part of the limited edition pack). I can't remember where I obtained them. Does any know where I could get hold of them?

2. Does it matter when to apply the merchant files? For example, should I put them in last after intalling all the patches (TOB official, Baldurdash, and TDD):

install order:

1.SOA
2.TOB
3.TOB patch 26498
4.Baldurdash fixpack 1.12
5.TDD 1.03
6.merchant files
Aenoroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 09:26 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

You can get them from baldurdash ( http://members.rogers./com/mrkevvy ), under the SoA tweaks section. Theres a warning in there to the effect that those tweaks dont work under SoA. It should really read that some of them dont. The merchants, among others, work perfectly.

If you decide to use any others though, take note of what files they override so you can take them off if needs be.

It shoudnt really matter when you install them, neither TDD nor TOB overwrite those areas AFAIK. Well, ToB does but only because it includes one of the merchants anyway. For safeties sake though, you should probably get the official stuff running first.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:31 AM   #3
Aenoroc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks andrewas

I've also got another problem:

I tried downloading TDD today, however it just downloaded a small ~600KB file (I presumed was the queuing software), I clicked on that file but it generated a "16bit MSDOS error" popup window. Have any of you sucessfully downloaded TDD from the public servers at Fileplanet?
Old 10-13-2002, 11:43 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Yes, quite a while ago though.

You used a download manager, right?

If you disable your download manager and only enable it when you get into the queue itself, you should be OK. Otherwise you end up downloading a part of the queuing program, which runs on UNIX I do believe. Anyway, whatever kind of program it is you dont want to be running it locally
Old 10-13-2002, 01:23 PM   #5
Aenoroc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks again! I'll try downloading it later, there seems to be a 2 hour long queue...