Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-08-2000, 04:24 AM   #1
Morninglord

Well, as the subject says. This is damnable irritating aswell.
Anomen's quest about his sister being murdered have just been initiated for me, and when I go to his fathers estate in the government district, as one has to, the bug starts.
As soon as I enter the room with Anomen's father, he starts speaking. The problem is only that the speech he enables isn't the speech that SHOULD be enabled, because he says "Who are you? Get out of my house!" as soon as Anomen enters the room. When I go in the room with another character, he doesn't say anything unless spoken to, and then he says the same thing. Kinda funny that the guy doesn't recognize his own son, eh? Well, honestly, is there *anyÄ solution for this slight problem that anyone knows of? Sure, I could always kick Anomen out of the party, but I have need of his services for a while longer, so I don't want to do that. Nor can I just ignore the quest, because Anomen starts complaining then. And don't tell me to install the patch and hope that this bug will be fixes, because installing the bug made it so that I couldn't even START the game, I had to re-install it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-08-2000, 04:25 AM   #2
Morninglord

Err... installing the PATCH that is, not installing the bug

Old 12-08-2000, 08:07 AM   #3
Morninglord

TOP!

Comeon, guys =)
You don't want to make this the first time you are unable to help me, do you?

Old 12-08-2000, 08:43 AM   #4
Armisael

Not sure, that never happened to me. You could always kill Anomen and get Viconia instead. (shrugs)

Old 12-08-2000, 08:59 AM   #5
Sir_Tainly

When I did this bit I had a similar prob, but because my lead character entered the room before Anomen. When I sent him in on his own the problem disappeared. Have you tried making Anomen the lead member of the party (i.e. the one at the top of the list) and then getting the whole party to talk to Anomen's father. Since Anomen is leader, he will by default do the talking, this may help but its only a wild guess.

Old 12-08-2000, 09:07 AM   #6
ironfist

Cant be a bug I think. Maybe you'll click on Anomen and let him talk to his father to
iniatate the conversation if you havent done this yet, try everything, like wait a couple of days and
then try again, but this should go automatically when I did his quest and
killed the daugther of the bad merchant(funny thing is he is still lawful neutral not chaotic),
Anyway, it's not a big loss not completing his quests..

Old 12-09-2000, 08:51 AM   #7
Morninglord

Ironfist, I had tried those things before I posted here, but thanks anyway.

Sir Tainly, thanks for the tip, I tried it, but to no avail =(
The father still says "Who are you? Get out of my house!" Regardless if I initiate talk with Anomen or anyone else, as leader or not.

Any other tip? Can I use Shadowkeeper to fix this?

Old 12-09-2000, 01:25 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Bug for sure. Sorry dude, i'd say install the patch but since you've already done that, suggest emailing Bioware about it.
Old 12-10-2000, 02:41 AM   #9
The X
Dungeon Master

Greetings...
I had exactly the same problem but the patch solved it.

Before the patch,I kinda had the same problem with Jaheira's curse subquest.Whenever she steps into Seas Bounty, Baron Ployer keeps on saying his line over and over again.

What I did was to kill him and spawn another him using CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("baronp").Hey, the problem dissolved.