Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 01:27 AM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Well, I have cleared the ruins to a certain extent, killed the Demon Flesh Golem, and then the Maker himself (don't ask how it would take too long). Anyway I then tried to use the colem assembler to assemble the super golem. Unfortunately something is not right.

My PC is a 20 level sorcerer. But only one spell locked on the spell conduit. I tried True seeing which only seemed to partially work and chain lightening just keeps jumping around. And the Greater Sanctuary Spell scroll will not even lock on. Why won't the spell conduits lock. I would like the super golem before I leave the island.

By the way anyone ever get the control room to work??
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:19 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Oh yeah, that little piece of great logic.

Here's the deal: instead of simply casting the spells on the conduits, you have to 'talk' to the conduits, then you'll get dialogue options such as "cast True Seeing", "cast Chain Lightning", etc. Every relevant spell you have available, either memorised or on scroll, will be present. Took me a while to figure out as well.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #3
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Yeah, its not intuitive. Figured it out trial and error wise. My trial was to look at the dumb pillar and then punch the use button. Either way I finally got it to work: which is something I can't say about the control room (Dam scavenger golem is still repairing the first floor golems).

By the way it doesn't limit it to scrolls and memorized spells. I did not have improved Haste in either spell form or memory: it was another item. Anyway I now have a shield Golem and its off to the Mind Flayers.

By the way, isn't it interesting that no one has asked how I beat the Demi-Lich. I guess he wasn't as tough as I though.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:34 AM   #4
Target
Red Dragon

DO you have to be a wizard ro soc to unlock the super Golem? I'm a fighter, pal, CoT can I? if so what do I do.
Cheers

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wizard/sorc types only. Sorry...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Yep. And even then only above a certain level. Intricate class combos with only a few levels of wizard or sorceror won't get the golem either.

But don't sweat it, the metal man isn't that great. IMHO it mainly gets in the way.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It is a shield golem, after all, it's supposed to get in the way.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:53 AM   #8
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
It is a shield golem, after all, it's supposed to get in the way.
HA ha, good one.

I'm glad he's not that good. Thanks for the answer.
Is it easy to get across the shadow bridge?

[ 01-24-2006, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Target ]

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote