Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-14-2001, 04:47 AM   #1
NotMinscOnlyBOO

helllp !!!.ý am at firkraags dungeon .how am ý going to kill greater wolfwere is there a special way to kill them like trolls?it gets injured for 5 seconds after that it becomes uninjured again!!!spells doesnt work because of resistance so what to do?ý give lots of damage to him but i cant kill

Old 01-14-2001, 04:58 AM   #2
UserFriendly

greater werewolves REGENERATE like trolls, however much faster.
if your mage has project image and summon (anything), cast project image and summon as many monsters as you can. (when you use a projected image as the summon method, you can exceed the 5 monster limit for control. plus your mage does not use any spell points cast by your image!!!) I like skeleton warriors. but if you can't summon skeletons,

summon monsters
have them attack
while werewolves are distracted start casting webs and cloudkills off wands
you need to inflict a lot of damage in a short period of time. area effect spells work well, so does the vorpal blade, and a nasty one is with a high level cleric cast sanctuary and blade barrier. the werewolves will not even realize they're being attacked.

Old 01-14-2001, 05:01 AM   #3
bocaj

ok the problem is that you need +2(if not +2 than +3) weapons or better to even damage it.
Also you have to kill it fast because they regen life very fast.
One more tip if you have a mage and he\she is high enough level cast lower residence on the greater wolfwere then magic missile him to death.

I hope this helps.

Old 01-14-2001, 05:05 AM   #4
Sylent

These are nasty little buggers...
they regenerate hitpoints pretty rapidly, and this question/problem comes up quite a lot...
Personally I have found the best method, is to try and poison it because that cancels out the regeneration somewhat, I always use Melf acid arrow.
Get your fighters to persist with the attacks...
and good luck to ye