Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-17-2000, 02:21 PM   #1
burobu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there any way you can view your rep in Icewind Dale?

I've re-written in the ini file to show up the experience gained - but is there any trick to get the rep?
burobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2000, 04:25 PM   #2
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

I don't think it's possible. Reputation is a factor in the game however: I just tried it out bu killing some Townfolk. My Paladin and C/R lost their class in a matter of seconds. So it might be considdered a flaw of the designers that your reputation isn't visible.
Old 10-18-2000, 01:30 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

erm..unrelated to your question but what did you do to your .ini file to show exp. gained? It would help me lots since i cant figure out how the AD&D exp system distributes the exp points..i've never tried the pen n paper game (my only experience with it is from Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate and Planescape) and the manual doesnt say anything about it..i think..
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2000, 03:33 AM   #4
burobu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well - firstly you have to have installed the Icewind Dale patch, that makes the following possible.

Go into your 'Icewind Dale' folder on your PC and open the icewind.ini file with notepad or something. Scroll down and find the line which says [Game Options]. Beneath it insert the words Show Quest XP=1. Close the .ini and it'll say something like "icewind.ini has changed - do you wish to keep the changes?", click 'yes' and you're all set.

Now when you complete a quest or whatever your experience gain will show up!
burobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2000, 04:41 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

ah okays..thanks mate
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote