Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-10-2000, 08:12 AM   #1
jezza

Please excuse my ignorance but this is the first time I've tried to play one of these RPG type games and I'm stuck.

I have chosen a party which includes a Mage and I chose my two free spells. My mage has now reached level 4 experience but the only spells in his book are the ones I started off with. I seem to have accumulated a number of scrolls in the course of the game so can I "learn" these into my book. My book apparently has a space to learn a new spell but I don't know how to get anything into it. On reading other threads in this forum I understand that I may need to scribe my spells - how is this achieved?

Many thanks in advance
Old 10-10-2000, 10:30 PM   #2
Larry

Right click on the the spell you have in inventory, (where you can learn of the spell's power) then it will let you know if that is a spell that can go into your book, because it will give the option to "Write spell"...Now, the chances of getting it into the book depend on your Wisdom level...(you had best use a wisdom raising potion to up your chances of getting it...) when it is in, the game will say "spell is copied into your book, " or something.
Old 10-11-2000, 07:31 AM   #3
dragonslayer
Manshoon

It is actually the Intelligence which is important for the Mage. And if you have a Mage with an Intelligence of 18+ you wouldn't normallt have any problems in Scribing your spells into the Mage book.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2000, 10:48 PM   #4
Larry

you're right...my mistake...