Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2002, 02:21 PM   #11
andrewas
Harper

Agreed neb, but dakkon dosent exist anymore. In SoA you an buy his sword, the text says that dakkon "was destroyed while in the service of an entity known the nameless one". And Grace isnt a devil, shes a demon.

Apart from that I agree with every word you just said. But what are the chances - there isnt even a planescape section on biowares site, although there is on black isles. I dunno, but a sequel would be really cool.
Old 05-13-2002, 02:44 PM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

It is 2 mil The Hierophant... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways the Bronze Spehre needs enough INT to be activated (via talking to the Good incarnation) it is because you have to figure out that he is the first and the c word... [img]smile.gif[/img]

With this Bronze Sphere activated it leaves a whole LOT of options:

Since you level up like 2-6 I forgot, you can boost up that INT or WIS, meaning you can threaten him, or WILL him to merge with you.. and as I said since you have your name.. you hold your identity which TTO doesn't have and he will come drooling your way [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:45 PM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Agreed neb, but dakkon dosent exist anymore. In SoA you an buy his sword, the text says that dakkon "was destroyed while in the service of an entity known the nameless one". And Grace isnt a devil, shes a demon.

Apart from that I agree with every word you just said. But what are the chances - there isnt even a planescape section on biowares site, although there is on black isles. I dunno, but a sequel would be really cool.
That Devil/Demon thing is just plain pointless, a devil is a demon and a demon is a devil. And besides, there are MORE kinds of devils and demons than Tanar'ri and Baatezu, there are Yugoloths, Gehreleths and a bunch of others as well, what are you going to call THEM?

And Dak'kon survived, in my game he damn well did. Everyone except for Ignus. That was just a stupid comment to the sword added by Interplay so that they could get his blade into BG2.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 03:10 PM   #14
NamelessOne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dak'kon's blade shouldn't have been in SoA because the blade is made by dak'kons will and without him it can't exist
Old 05-14-2002, 08:04 PM   #15
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Whew! I thought I was going crazy - I posted something about this twice and the mods must of moved it...no notice or nuttin.... [img]smile.gif[/img] Whew!

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 06:58 PM   #16
Nameless One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I don't WANT a new story. I want Morte, Annah, Dak'kon, FFG and Nordom back.... Of course if they can still manage to give me those partymembers then I'd happily accept a new story.... The partymembers made the game in my opinion more than the unique storyline. No other RPG has ever had such deep partymembers. Nor such original ones, in what other RPG have we been accompanied by a floating skull, a half-demon thief, a philosopher/ninja/mage, a friendly and insightful devil, a constantly burning mage, an insane robot and an undead warrior who doesn't realize that he's dead?
I'm with you. Although I want my Nameless One back. The idea of having Anna, Dak'kor, and Morte searching for him is an interesting idea. Adventure games use multiple points of view all the time; why can't an RPG? Heck you could even play as Vhailor searching across the planes for Justice. Of course it would dilute the experience somewhat if you played as TNO's companions until you found him, and then as TNO. Of course even though you "were" TNO, you still played the party as a traditional RPG, so maybe it wouldn't dilute it.

My question is, why does Planescape wait till the very freaking end to give you the best spells and items, like the Rune of Torment, only to never give you a chance to use them?
Old 06-12-2002, 07:18 AM   #17
Lek Dukagjin
Dungeon Master

Regaining your memories through Pharod's Bronze Sphere gives you 2 million XP. Killing The Transcendent One gives you 64,000 XP. When I first played it I absorbed him. When I played it after that I wanted to see if I COULD kill him. I felt disappointed when I did so.

4 endings??? I only encountered 3 - absorbing TTO, killing him, and killing yourself. But when I killed myself it claimed I had incapacitated myself and could no longer continue my quest! EH???
Old 07-12-2002, 11:06 AM   #18
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

This may be a stupid question, but I finished the game in every possible way(I think the ending was great, can't recall playing a game without a happy end) but I never noticed my name. So, can anyone please tell me... what is the nameless one's real name?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 12:29 PM   #19
The Merciful
The Magister

The name isn't told. It's only mentioned that you remember it, and it actually quite unexiting.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:50 PM   #20
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Hold on.. When I tried using the blade made in the siege tower the game just ended for me! Full stop! No alternate Deionarra ending, just that stupid game-over screeen! Anyone explain how this is?

And correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Nameless One's name was Yemeth or something.. It was given to you when you use the Bronze Sphere!

[ 07-14-2002, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Lifetime ]