Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-14-2001, 02:50 PM   #1
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

What are people's thoughts on the difficulty (or lack thereof) of the various stronghold quests? I'm playing for the second time (I lost my save games after about 15 game days so restarted with the same char) as an Assassin (imported from BG1). Within a day of escaping from Irenicus's dungeon I had the Thieves Guild. I'm now (after doing practically everything I can in ch 2) wandering around the planar sphere (now level 13 with some _serious_ hardware) and struggling a little (The evil halflings were about the toughest battle I've had - and I've done Umar hills (inc Shadow Dragon), the Lich in the gate area, unseeing eye and I've got Celestial Fury). So my question is - do mages have a really tough stronghold quest? What are the other classes' like?

Thx
Old 05-14-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Welcome, you are currently doing the mage stronghold quest(anyone correct me if I´m wrong), so you can tell its difficulty yourself.......................................... ................................................SP OILER............................................. .......... I just had the thieves guild(swashbucklers damn kick arse) and De´Arnise hold, none of them was too difficult, but I preferred the guild(mo´Money). At the moment, I´m going for the cleric stronghold. Do you know where to get it?
Old 05-14-2001, 03:13 PM   #3
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I was actually thinking that maybe the quest was easy because it was a stronghold quest (therefore if I was a mage then the planar sphere quest would be easier). Or maybe it was just that I'd done the guild quest(s) _very_ early in the game. I'm still effectively on my first run through, so no ideas about other strongholds.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:15 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The cleric stronghold quest is in the temple district, ca´t miss it.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:17 PM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The stronghold quests get harder as you get stronger, personnaly i think the mage, the palladin and the cleric stronghold quests the hardest too obtain.
The druid quest was by far the easiest.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:20 PM   #6
Vampire

Fighter: Nalia's castle...one tough fight (for Chapter 2) against Torgal
Cleric: depends! if you attack straight away, then just a tough beholder to kill. Otherwise it's a very long journey into the undercity
Druid: easy
Thief: really easy!!!!
Paladin: one of the harder ones, involving loads of golems, Greater wolfweres and a red dragon!
Ranger: medium/slightly difficult if you take on the shadow dragon
Bard: one or two tough fights (demon and high mages) but well worth the bother
Mage: long and slightly hard. a mixture of monsters including elementals, and a demon.
Old 05-14-2001, 03:25 PM   #7
Elhardo
The Magister

I did the Paladin quests...What happens after you kill Red dragon?
I got Carsomyr, then they just said ok thats nice....I don't get any cash or nothing? whats going on? Did i miss something?
Old 05-14-2001, 04:26 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Elhardo:
I did the Paladin quests...What happens after you kill Red dragon?
I got Carsomyr, then they just said ok thats nice....I don't get any cash or nothing? whats going on? Did i miss something?
-------------------------------------------------------
Nope, the red dragon is the last of the paladin quest.
And as you should well know pallys don´t fight for money but rather for the spiritual reward.