Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-28-2002, 03:42 PM   #1
NE14T
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, What gives with this eastern trolley....I cant get it to go to the lava pits....it took me on the west track of the split. I found the pool of healing and what appears to be a switch room for the trolley. I switch the switch, the arrow turns, but when I take the thr trolley back to the trolley room to try to get to the east track, the arrow is pointing back at the other track. Are there to switches, am I missing something here....

I even managed to sneak under the gate on foot in the trolley room and headed down to check it out but I still couldn't get in....that switch just inside the gate doesn't by chance have anything to do with the track switch does it? I used it to get out when I snuk through...

Unofficially, how might one hack into their program to design new monsters, weapons, etc .. or change something around

I looked through all the files that the program installed and had fun changing some of the graphics, but I couldn't find a text editor that would handle my saved game or any of the othe files? any reccomendations....

If they aren't planning on a W&WII I would like to design my own addition to my game so my characters can build their own castles and whatnot....you know make the game more exciting after I finish what there is to finish...

Thanks again!!!
NE14T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 04:17 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi NE14T!

There are two switches boxes, one down the west trolley and the other down the east trolley lines. You have to switch these to change the destination of the east trolley to get you to the lava area.

HexEdit can open up the gamexx.sav files and it is possible to make some changes. I've hacked a lot of items for different players but it is very easy to mess things up if you don't know how information is stored and the correct codes for the items.

There have been other threads on the idea of trying to make mods for the game (not sure if Ziroc fixed the search engine so it would actually find them for you). So far nothing has come of various peoples interest in doing so. Keep me posted if you make any progress!

Wvy
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote