Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-15-2001, 12:36 PM   #1
fcneko

Help!

I recently reloaded IWD after having deleted it from my system and now the darn thing won't accept custom images! I've entered the Portraits directory under the IWD directory, d/l'd some custom images and altered them to BMP format, but when I go to create the characters, the name of the file shows up, but the picture doesn't!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Neko
neko2048@aol.com
Old 09-18-2001, 06:49 AM   #2
pdh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I belive that there are some conditions that your portraits must meet in order to work. firtsly the small and large photos must have the same name and must have a 'S' and an 'L' at the end of the name respectivly. second the pictures have a limit on the ammount of pixels high and wide they can be. I'm not sure of the limit but your manual and/or readme file should tell you. also they must use certain colour set (et 256 coulors 16 bit 32 bit etc) once again i'm not sure which one it is but the readme file sould tell you. you can change the colours the BMP file uses by opening it in a program such as MS Paint and clicking File, then 'save as...' then in the box that appears under the 'save as type' pulldown menu select the desired colours the picture will use. (but be careful, depending on which coulurs the picture is using to start of with this can somtimes make the picture look terrible.)
pdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 12:07 AM   #3
Alaric
Manshoon

Also, the portrait size in Icewind Dale is differnt than in Baldur's Gate. Are the portraits designed according the specs for Baldur's Gate?

[This message has been edited by Alaric (edited 09-19-2001).]
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote