Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-20-2002, 03:35 PM   #1
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Bet you didn't know.....

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.

A shrimp's heart is in their head.

People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, you're heart stops for a mili-second.

In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

Between 1937 and 1945 Heinz produced a version of Alphabet Spaghetti especially for the German market that consisted solely of little pasta swastikas.

On average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime.

More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

Rats and horses can't vomit.

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest
tongue twister in the English language.

If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they will pop out.

Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14,
Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrial or their vehicles?

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70
assorted insects and 10 spiders.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

Cat's urine glows under a black-light.

Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

I bet you tried to lick your elbow!

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 01-20-2002, 03:40 PM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

He he, intreresting..
And I did try to lick it
Old 01-20-2002, 03:42 PM   #3
Durwyn
Elminster

Very interesting, I wonder which site you got that from [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Some of those facts however hold lies . Like for example not being able to lick your elbow, because I can, my arm was raptured a while ago and now I can actually pull is so far back that my whole joint of my shoulder shifts back, allowing me to perfectly lick my elbow.

Now I dont think that in our life time we will eat 10 spinders and insects [img]smile.gif[/img] , thats just impossible, I mean I've lived for quite a while, I havent eaten one insect while asleep yet [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Thats however very intresting... The comment about Aliens. You know that alone just proves that the Goverement has been hiding something from us hehe [img]smile.gif[/img] ...
Old 01-20-2002, 03:44 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hehe, funny ones.

see ya!
Old 01-20-2002, 03:46 PM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

You may not believe me, ô mighty rodent, but I deferred to your supreme wisdom and didn't try ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Though some of this stuff I found hard to believe, especially the one about the photocopiers ... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2002, 03:49 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Damn! If only my tongue was an inch longer I could have licked my elbow!
Old 01-20-2002, 04:12 PM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

How do you know you haven't eaten any while you were asleep, if you were asleep you wouldn't notice.
Old 01-20-2002, 04:34 PM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I love it, I love it!!! And how much money did u put on that bet ??
Old 01-20-2002, 04:41 PM   #9
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Wow, amazing!!
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 01-20-2002, 06:08 PM   #10
Durwyn
Elminster

Oh believe me I would [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Its just I never slept outside on the open with any cover so to speak. So I really doubt I ate a spider or a fly. .