Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-06-2001, 11:46 PM   #11
Anthem
Dungeon Master

Thanks for all the help..I ended up defeating him with just Korgan and Nalia casting wizrd eye...the demilich just casts away at the eye..havd Korgan go Bezerk..imune to most attacks (including imprisonment)..didnt lose a hit point!!!!
Old 11-07-2001, 06:54 AM   #12
Jan

That's right. Wizards eye next to him and he'll be as easy as a sitting duck.

Old 11-07-2001, 03:10 PM   #13
Aerie
Welcomed New User

Why everyone ask it from me?! I haven't defeated him, and it's not needed to defeat him!
i think best is to buy some scrolls and memorize summoning spells. If you are relly powerful, you need to cast time stops(if you can) It would also be good, if you cast farsight, and so see how your creatures fight. If you have a paladin in your group, you can cast Protection from Evil on your party and send some fiends and pit fiends to kill him. It would also be good if you summon djinnies and nishruus and efreeties and elementals. And if your mage doesn't have these spells, buy scrolls.

Solutionsummon, summon and summon again!
Try to defeat him and I try too!!!
Old 11-07-2001, 05:35 PM   #14
andrewas
Harper

galdaria, your advice is fatally flawed for two reasons:

kangaxx has _infinite_, long range, fast casting, imprisonments.

magic resistance has absolutley no effect upon imprisonment.

so summoning skeletons, however powerful, is just edlaying the inevitable.

the best thing i would suggest would be a protection from magic scroll on a figher, with a big sword. armour is irelevant, as lichs are pathetic at best in hand to hand, not that he'll try while hes using imprisonment on you.

plus, could a demi-lich even _exist_ inside a sphere of anti-magic?
Old 11-07-2001, 06:43 PM   #15
Zerthimon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Use a berserker! (namely Korgan)

If anyone else mentioned this, sorry, but I didn't see it.

When you use the berserk skill, you have until it wears off to kill Kangaxx (isn't it like a minute?), as berserk makes you immune to EVERYTHING, even imprisonment. Use whatever weapon you want after that, and have your mages charged up on Melf's Minute Meteors and hit him from a distance. If you have it, Ring of the Ram worked to finish him off I think.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Zerthimon ]

Old 11-07-2001, 06:50 PM   #16
rodimus
The Magister

Ahhh, the good old Kangaxx-quest. First it's worthy killing him, because you'll get one of the most powerful items within the game. How? In his Demi-Lich-Form you can only hit him with at leas +4 weapons, and the upgraded Mace of Disruption. I think the Mace is the best, cause he always fails the saving throw. But, if you have Minsc or Korgan in your party, try Enrage or Bezerk, and the Imprisonment spells wont affect them. If you are low level (chapter 2), try the Staff of Rhynn. He was one of the first quests I did in chapter 2. Wizards Eye also helps. Dont try to cast any spells upon him cause he has 100% Magic Resitance. Good Luck...