Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey I thought I'd reach out to the community here for a little help testing my module, both single player and multi. I have refrained from posting it anywhere yet like the vault, as it is definitly unfinished, but I want to be sure that the first part of it scales well multiplayer, is fun, and is challenging, ect. so I know I'm heading in the right direction. I'm in the process of changing email adresses as I go from dsl to cable , but if your intersted drop me a PM or post here for more details.

I would also use some of the testing to practice using the dm client, but thats optional.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

[ 08-03-2002, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 08-03-2002, 02:14 PM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Hey I thought I'd reach out to the community here for a little help testing my module, both single player and multi. I have refrained from posting it anywhere yet like the vault, as it is definitly unfinished, but I want to be sure that the first part of it scales well multiplayer, is fun, and is challenging, ect. so I know I'm heading in the right direction. I'm in the process of changing email adresses as I go from dsl to cable , but if your intersted drop me a PM or post here for more details.

I would also use some of the testing to practice using the dm client, but thats optional.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
I'd be interested in checking it out. What level requirements are you looking for? (I have a copy of differing levels of my character up to 13th)

My character currently is 9th level Ranger / 3rd level thief / 1st level Sorceror. I may go up a level in Ranger or Thief in the next day or so though as I am about 8000 XP from next level. If you don't want multi-class in the campaign though, I would have a 3rd level Ranger. That was the last I had single class. Not sure how you mean test the DM client, but if you mean you running DM client while someone else plays online, that would be cool too. I have tried DM Client, but haven't liked it so much. I usually go into a game as multi-player and kinda host it on my system. That's the closest I've had that worked the way I expected.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

The story demands a brand spankin new first level character(s) to start, so far the module allows for progression to around 3-4 level as I have playyed it with a fighter, but that may change based on the feedback I get.

As far as the dm client, I want to practice using it as a dm, basically to step into the role I fulfill in the pnp game on a weekly basis. I would hate to ruin someone's gaming expirience by my own inexpirience.

I kinda sux that the three people I know in real life that have NWN either can't get patch 1.21 to work or dont have internet access.

Anyway, its an original fantasy story that revolves around the evil underdark denizins using magic to blot out the sun. (ala mr. burns ) The PC must hunt down artifacts to bring daylight and moonlight back to the world. I have crafted 3 quests spanning 5-6 areas so far in what amounts to the first half of the prelude. By next weekend I hope to have most of the prelude done, but my inexpirience in scripting and my RL job may delay that.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:57 PM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
The story demands a brand spankin new first level character(s) to start, so far the module allows for progression to around 3-4 level as I have playyed it with a fighter, but that may change based on the feedback I get.

As far as the dm client, I want to practice using it as a dm, basically to step into the role I fulfill in the pnp game on a weekly basis. I would hate to ruin someone's gaming expirience by my own inexpirience.

I kinda sux that the three people I know in real life that have NWN either can't get patch 1.21 to work or dont have internet access.

Anyway, its an original fantasy story that revolves around the evil underdark denizins using magic to blot out the sun. (ala mr. burns ) The PC must hunt down artifacts to bring daylight and moonlight back to the world. I have crafted 3 quests spanning 5-6 areas so far in what amounts to the first half of the prelude. By next weekend I hope to have most of the prelude done, but my inexpirience in scripting and my RL job may delay that.
Sounds ok. Starting over again is cool. I was hoping to test another character out and it would give me a reason to get her set up again. Do you allow local characters or do I need to create on your server. Either way is ok, just wanted to know if I could save some time is all.
Old 08-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

I will allow local characters to test it, bring what ever you want! Alot of it is unfinished, only one quest is scripted into a conversation, some later areas are empty ect. My goal initially is to test the encounters and get feedback on my setting. I'm trying to round up at least 3 players and would love to do it tomorrow night if possible, around 9 est. If not I would be satisfied running with less. I plan on being a spellcaster for the first round of testing.

Thanks for your interest Tobbin. If tommorow night isnt good, then name a time. I am almost always free after 9 est. Hell if you want to try it this afternoon for a look around, I'll pm you with the password and get it set up.

I will be hosting on my home pc with dsl connection.

And hold no punches with your feedback, I'll appreciate anything that makes my work better and more enjoyable.
Old 08-03-2002, 03:37 PM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
I will allow local characters to test it, bring what ever you want! Alot of it is unfinished, only one quest is scripted into a conversation, some later areas are empty ect. My goal initially is to test the encounters and get feedback on my setting. I'm trying to round up at least 3 players and would love to do it tomorrow night if possible, around 9 est. If not I would be satisfied running with less. I plan on being a spellcaster for the first round of testing.

Thanks for your interest Tobbin. If tommorow night isnt good, then name a time. I am almost always free after 9 est. Hell if you want to try it this afternoon for a look around, I'll pm you with the password and get it set up.

I will be hosting on my home pc with dsl connection.

And hold no punches with your feedback, I'll appreciate anything that makes my work better and more enjoyable.
Ok, I might try that then. I already have a female Ranger setup (1st level). I will try her out. We shouldn't need any items to start out then, right? Tomorrow is AWESOME as tomorrow is my FRIDAY (I work a 4 day schedule from Fri-Mon). If I can get online tonight (would be from 6PM EDT - 9PM EDT), I could try it out then too. Just let me know. e-mail is listed in the addy, but tobbin@hotmail.com preferred. Look forward to checking it out. I can try it out Tue-Thu for sure as well (that is my weekend). Let me know. Maybe you could offer some suggestions as well. Is there a script primer or something? I am fairly adequate with programming and might be able to offer some help if I understood how the interface works.

[ 08-03-2002, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-03-2002, 04:00 PM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

Hey Tobbin, Tonite is iffy because I shared my connection with my GF and she has is a mod on an online rp site. She reserved this evening to do her work, but tommorrow night is on! Hopefully some more victims... er I mean volunteers, are interested by then. If not I'll still be happy.

There is a merchant set up already for items, and the first dungeon has some stuff as well, I will edit it so we can be reasonably equiped with our meager starting gold.

As far as a scripting primer, the official bioware scripting forum has a tutorial sticky thread that maybe a place to start. Plus official site has a toolset tutorial under the builders section.

Even though I am a total neb at scripting, I have been able to script a quest and some cool npc stuff. I have 6-7 links to premade scripts offered by the community and I have used some of these these as well. The real challenge I'm facing now is making more than "go fetch" quests.

I'll send you the password via PM if thats ok, The mod's name is Horda Keep. Thats the working title for now, it'll probably end up something like "Days turned to evernight" or something to hint about the story.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:25 PM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

well, the stupid crash on start-up bug that first manifest after patch 1.21 has suddenly reappeared. hopefully it goes away before tomorrow night... hopefully!
Old 08-03-2002, 05:24 PM   #9
Chewbacca
Zartan

Bug went away, for now.(curses sony and securom as they are the probable cause)

Anyway the mod can be found under roleplay and the name is Horda Keep. I'm mulling posting the password here for any Ironworks person to come by if they feel, but I want it to be password protected so trolls who dont get what" being tested" means come in and waste my time.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:19 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'm happy to help you out Chewy, just PM me your IP for Direct Connect or tell me what your mod is called and what category it's under (Social, Action etc) so I can check it out.

EDIT: Oops, didn't read your last post. [img]smile.gif[/img] - Mem

I'd like to test out the MP aspect of NWN but there are quite a few trashy mods out there. [img]redface.gif[/img]

[ 08-04-2002, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote